how much battery life do you get on your G2 ?

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
One bar a majority of the time will kill your battery pretty darn fast for sure. Add to that ongoing apps and location services etc. you are not gonna see prime battery life.

LAM09

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
One bar a majority of the time will kill your battery pretty darn fast for sure. Add to that ongoing apps and location services etc. you are not gonna see prime battery life.

Thanks. I only have WiFi on, but I am going to have to speak to my network provider.

In regards to my battery, it says my screen is taking 50% of my battery according to GSam. My screen brightness is only 30%, and my screen times out after 30 secs. That surely isn't right?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
If you are using the phone for basic stuff, like texting, e-mail, Web surfing, etc, then it is perfectly normal that screen is using the most battery by far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

LAM09

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
If you are using the phone for basic stuff, like texting, e-mail, Web surfing, etc, then it is perfectly normal that screen is using the most battery by far.

That's all I do. I guess that is normal then. The battery doesn't seem right to me though, as I am lucky if it lasts me two days with on and off usage.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Two days off and on usage with 6-7 hours screen time is excellent battery life!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
GSam says 7h 25m, but also says 6h 39m max. Not sure which is the correct figure.

Either way nothing is wrong with your battery life. 6-8 hrs screen on time is normal for G2. You won't get 2+ days unless you reduce screen on time.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

LAM09

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Two days off and on usage with 6-7 hours screen time is excellent battery life!

I haven't got anything to judge it by from personally, so that is why I am unsure if the battery life is good or not.

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I just bought my VZW LG G2 yesterday used for $100.
From 80% charge I got 15hrs with moderate use. I let the battery fully drain and fully charged it. I'm currently at 68% with 12hrs.

Posted via Android Central App

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I still get good battery life since my purchase of the G2 last year. However battery life at one time was excellent which was pre-KK. I'm a bit disappointed in that regard but again I still get 15 hours usage between charges which, I think keeps this device ahead of its competition.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Up until a few days ago I was getting pretty good battery life, but the last few days have been horrible for me with my phone shutting off due to depleted battery after being on for only 8 hours. Less than one hour screen time.

Charged it up and looked at battery stats and Google Play Services is eating up the battery at 50%. Screen is only at 16%.

I am normally at 60 to 80% remaining after a heavy day of use, rarely less than 50%.

I also did a FDR right after upgrading to KK.

David

LAM09

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I was just looking up some things on GSam battery, and it says Android Kernal is taking up 33% of my battery. Is that right?

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I get at least 16 hours of battery life from my G2 and that is with heavy daily usage. I constantly text and use What'sApp and other IM apps throughout the day. I do about an hour or two of phone calls. Listen to music for at least 3 hours a day and sometimes more. Then there's a bunch of random miscellaneous things.

Im assuming you dont have a job then if you spend all that time on your phone??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress