What do u hate most about the G2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm just reading of the G2 having touch issues for the first time w/in the past 10 minutes. I wonder if folks that have seen these touch issues on the G2 have had AT&T. I've not had anything but ridiculous fast and perfect performance with my AT&T G2. ...and I'd love for to stay that way since I'm planning to hold on to this one for a while.

G Pad 8.3

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm just reading of the G2 having touch issues for the first time w/in the past 10 minutes. I wonder if folks that have seen these touch issues on the G2 have had AT&T. I've not had anything but ridiculous fast and perfect performance with my AT&T G2. ...and I'd love for to stay that way since I'm planning to hold on to this one for a while.

G Pad 8.3

How is that G Pad treating you? Why isn't it promoted more, I never see it anywhere on sale. For 8" $350 is steep, don't you think?

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I hated the navi buttons and the touch screen issues.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

+ 1. I wish there was an opening to lower the height a little bit. I want as much screen real estate as possible. And as for the touch screen issues. I agree. It rarely glitches out but it sometimes can't register multiple quick taps like double tapping or like when ur playing a game which requires quick consecutive taps.

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
What I hate most is that I didn't buy it 2 months later. paid 199 at launch now it's practically free. I smell no future updates

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

The possibility of no future updates scares me. This is my first LG phone, came from HTC Evo 4G LTE. Loved that phone, but it finally died on me. I'm liking the G2 so far, but part of me wonders what the S5 or HTC Two will be like in a couple of months.

Posted via Android Central App

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Nothing I hate... I'm not sure I even dislike anything. Maybe that the on screen buttons don't stay transparent in Action Launcher? At least I think that LG's fault, not a bug introduced to Action Launcher by LG.

Posted via Android Central App

Dendarion346

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
This isn't really the fault of the phone itself (which is impressive) , but the biggest problem I've found with the G2 has been its niche status.

It's not made by Apple or Samsung, so accessories and service are hard to come by in the UK.

Very few cases available, no sign of a car adaptor and good luck getting it repaired if the screen breaks.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

pikzel

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This is my first android phone (but 2nd LG) after using iPhone since 3GS.
What annoys me the most is the placement on the buttons, that forces me to use knock which doesn't work all the time (no, it's not 100% even with the clever tricks provided on the forum).
Another thing is the terrible camera, it's slow and has the worst focus problems I've ever experienced.
Third is the plastic cover, I didn't expect it to be as rock solid as the iPhone, but don't like that it really feels plastic, especially the back part.

Other than that, I think it's a pretty good phone. I love the screen.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
This isn't really the fault of the phone itself (which is impressive) , but the biggest problem I've found with the G2 has been its niche status.

It's not made by Apple or Samsung, so accessories and service are hard to come by in the UK.

Very few cases available, no sign of a car adaptor and good luck getting it repaired if the screen breaks.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Amazon...(If it works over there?)

Jastow

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Things I dislike:
Slow camera focus, grainy low-light photos despite the lense being focused, blurring with the slightest bit of movement.
The numeric pad on the unlock screen is slow to register input.
Slow charge - My car charger is the fastest and the others don't even fully charge the battery after 7 hours at times.
Low speaker and Bluetooth volume
GPS doesn't function well with out Google Services and is still not accurate at times.
Random battery drain from Android services
I've only gotten drag and drop music to work once and it otherwise says the device has been disconnected.

Likes: size, physical and capacitive buttons, nice looking screen, snappy interface, notification center information and options...probably more, just not coming to me. Overall I like the phone, these are just annoyances.

posted from LG G2

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Dam that sucks. Hate coiled plugs. Guess I'll just buy a vzw then

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Home Depot sells the same type of charger with two USB ports. 1A + 2.2A. I heard 2.2A only works with iPhones, but 1A should be OK.
I also read some posts about G2 getting really hot with these fast charges while you are using them as GPS or music player, etc.. Overheating can damage the battery, keep in mind.

I suggest and prefer it myself if the phone is not charged unless absolutely necessary.
There is also another thing you can do, just use a slow charger like 500mAh or 800mAh chargers just to maintain your charge or slow the drain instead of just blasting it with 1.8 all the time unless you are almost out of juice.

I would like to hear anyone here is continuously using 800mAh chargers on their G2. I still have my old Blackberry chargers in the office, and I plan to use them for normal charging while in the office, but honestly, I figure that I would not have to charge my phone for all day at 3000mAh battery.

Also, I just ordered Playbook charger from Amazon for $5 with prime shipping, it is the only thing that can charge the Playbook fast enough, and should give out same amperage as OEM LG battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87