your experience with the G2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
What is this the 10th "What do you like/don't like about your G2??!!" thread? When will folks learn to use the search function or just simply browse the forum to see that we've been over this over and over and over again.

People like to chat about their interests. In this case their phones. No harm is done and it IS a forum.

g2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The camera is as good as I need it to be and, for me, that's all that matters. Are there better cameras? Undoubtedly. ...but at what cost? I do not choose to sacrifice the near-perfection that is the G2 so that I can get a better camera since I have no problems with the G2's camera. I don't typically try to take pictures in the dark, but that's just me.

CM on OgPro

You Sr just hit the nail on the head

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I do have one question for G2 owners. My daughter is coming from an s3. On that phone she had to do battery pulls at least 3-4 times a week because of freezing issues.

I'm on the One and I've never had a screen freeze but I know you can simulate a battery pull with power and volume combo.

If the need arises what are the steps on the G2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I do have one question for G2 owners. My daughter is coming from an s3. On that phone she had to do battery pulls at least 3-4 times a week because of freezing issues.

I'm on the One and I've never had a screen freeze but I know you can simulate a battery pull with power and volume combo.

If the need arises what are the steps on the G2

Wow...ya know.... I've never had my G2 freeze up either on the stock ROM or in the CM10.2 I'm using now. I need to find out myself how to do that. This phone has just made me take so much for granted. It totally spoils its owner.

g2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow...ya know.... I've never had my G2 freeze up either on the stock ROM or in the CM10.2 I'm using now. I need to find out myself how to do that. This phone has just made me take so much for granted. It totally spoils its owner.

g2

Same here. My og evo would freeze a LOT but the lte and now my One have never froze. Her s3 is just a pain in that department.

That was her only reservation about the G2, worrying that she couldn't fix a freeze lol.

Thanks for the reply

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Same here. My og evo would freeze a LOT but the lte and now my One have never froze. Her s3 is just a pain in that department.

That was her only reservation about the G2, worrying that she couldn't fix a freeze lol.

Thanks for the reply

Experience with the G2 is just amazing. The battery life just doesn't seem to end, screen is amazing from every angle, the phone didn't freeze or lag even once, KnockOn works like a charm, camera is great.. I really need to rack my brains to think of a bad thing in the G2, and I still not find. This phone really does spoil its owner, even the S4 seems clumsy in comparison (really beautiful, thin bezels on the G2).
If only the advertising was better...

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Experience with the G2 is just amazing. The battery life just doesn't seem to end, screen is amazing from every angle, the phone didn't freeze or lag even once, KnockOn works like a charm, camera is great.. I really need to rack my brains to think of a bad thing in the G2, and I still not find. This phone really does spoil its owner, even the S4 seems clumsy in comparison (really beautiful, thin bezels on the G2).
If only the advertising was better...

So far I'm with ya. My daughter has only had it for a day but so far so nice. Liking everything about it. She's been off charge for 30 min with music playing and Battery widget Reborn is showing 100% battery still. Will be trying out the camera today to see what its got ;)

Foramex

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
So far I'm with ya. My daughter has only had it for a day but so far so nice. Liking everything about it. She's been off charge for 30 min with music playing and Battery widget Reborn is showing 100% battery still. Will be trying out the camera today to see what its got ;)

You don't have to use a widget, you can have the battery percentage show up in the notification bar by going into Settings->General->Battery-> Display battery percentage on indicator.
And I totally agree on that 100% point, the first percentage always seems to last forever, I can play on my phone for 45 minutes and still have 100%... always fun to show my friends and have them think what app am I using to trick them, when I'm actually using none, just my amazing battery life:)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yea i know, i just prefer that widget. I like the info it carries, the preciseness and the icon style :)

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid to swap out my G2 for another one. My screen goes off by itself after waking it up and it doesn't wake the phone up after a call. It's almost like the proximity sensor is damaged or something. I'm afraid if I switch it out for another one, I'll get an LG G2 with some other problem.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, the camera is awful. Definitely worse than the Galaxy Nexus' camera. On top of that, the phone's proximity sensor doesn't seem to be working right and a few times a day, I have to fight with the phone to keep the screen on and awake. The battery life and OS is great, but I may have to take this phone back for something else.
No Way!! Gnex camera was decent outside, but waaaay worse indoors than the G2.

Also, the camera is constantly refocusing when taking videos. Constantly. Every couple of seconds.
Agree on this. I don't use video much, so this really doesn't impact me.

To me the camera is a tad bit slow, and still getting used to the buttons being on the back of the phone instead of the side. Oh and why is the LED flash on the back of the phone? Seems strange to me,I normally lay my phone down screen side up, so how can I see the LED notification on the back of the phone?
Multi-color notification LED is on the front of the G2 on all model skus. The VS980 also has a notification LED embedded into the power button on the backside.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm afraid to swap out my G2 for another one. My screen goes off by itself after waking it up and it doesn't wake the phone up after a call. It's almost like the proximity sensor is damaged or something. I'm afraid if I switch it out for another one, I'll get an LG G2 with some other problem.

Do you have a screen protector installed?

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
No Way!! Gnex camera was decent outside, but waaaay worse indoors than the G2.

Agree on this. I don't use video much, so this really doesn't impact me.

Multi-color notification LED is on the front of the G2 on all model skus. The VS980 also has a notification LED embedded into the power button on the backside.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a screen protector installed?

Yeah, I do.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Main issue I have preventing me from making this my most used phone is the button locations being inconveniently located where I can't reach them when docked in a car mount

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Your screen protector is most likely causing your problem. Is there a cut-out for the proximity sensor?

Posted via Android Central App

No cutout, but I did a factory data reset and it appears to have fixed my problem. So far today I've had no screen or proximity sensor issues since doing it.

Posted via Android Central App

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Seems as if the screen protectors are the cause of proximity sensor errors in most cases. I don't use one, so I don't have a recommendation other than a search for what others are using without issue.

Yeah. If I start having problems again, I'll just take the screen protector off and see how that goes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87