LG G2: Dynamic notification

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Searching a little on the site via tapatalk I see that a lot of us are asking why the phone does not turn on when a message comes through. I had the same question I didn't know that the LG G2 dad not have that feature. I do know that there is that dynamic notification application and some apps wake up screen automatically apply that's cool so far it's now a problem with me but my question was is that what dynamic notifications are?

Sent from the sexy LG G2

Last edited by a moderator:

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Dynamic notification

Lol I don't but I'm using something called hello lol. Love the way the app looks and feels but so far no wake up notification

Sent from the sexy LG G2

jwgeist

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

I think I'm the only person in the world that uses the stock messaging app. I love it. Love the snappiness, love the pop up in the top left, the quick reply, etc. It just perfectly fits my needs without having to go to a third party app that undoubtedly runs into some kind of issues down the line.

But I am also interested in Dynamic Notifications. I fiddled with the free app, but you can't get much of a read on it without paying for the premium for the auto-wake features and what not.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

An alternative might also be to use Light Flow. Light Flow has a setting by which any app that has a notification can be set to wake up the screen whether the app itself natively supports screen wake up or not. Personally, I prefer the screen not to come on at each notification but I do understand that this is personal preference.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I am about to buy is I have been trying the free one too. I don't like notifications to wake up my screen for every app just some and provide those in a lock screen would be awesome

Sent from the sexy LG G2

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

I think I'm the only person in the world that uses the stock messaging app.
Hey bro! I use it too. You're not alone in this world.

I'm looking into the best way of disabling the screen switching on for everu message. I can do without it

jwgeist

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

My screen doesn't turn on when it receives a message? Something clicked in settings perhaps. I have the Verizon version, if it matters.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Searching a little on the site via tapatalk I see that a lot of us are asking why the phone does not turn on when a message comes through. I had the same question I didn't know that the LG G2 dad not have that feature. I do know that there is that dynamic notification application and some apps wake up screen automatically apply that's cool so far it's now a problem with me but my question was is that what dynamic notifications are?

Sent from the sexy LG G2

I use the stock as well. I have some gripes but they are minor and don't outweigh the usefulness of the pop up window. I tried dynamic notifications a while back on my nexus 4. I could never quite get it to work right. Maybe the dev has gotten things worked out by now.

ಠ益ಠ

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree with your post I actually purchased the peble steel so hopefully that will take place of active notifications

Sent from the sexy LG G2

Jastow

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the stock app started to support group messaging on AT&T after KK update, I got rid of textra, since it now does every thing I need. One other thing it does is displays and reads aloud texts on my vehicle's navigation system, and allows me to reply with voice input. Non of the others seem to work well with Ford Sync (or I just didn't look hard enough) , at least for me and even my windows phone did this (trying to minimize driving distractions) 👍

posted from LG G2

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty