light on DARK?

solipschism

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so this is the first smartphone I've ever had. I'm not a complete technophobe, hell, I even used to write mIRC scripts back in the late 90's, Yeah, I'm old. Anyway, I just want to know if there is some way to make everything default to black/dark background and white/light text on Android. It's more pleasing to my eye, and it seems like it would lengthen battery life too. I've had my G2 for about a week, messed around with it, downloaded "dark" themes, etc. But the themes are always dependent on the app in question. It seems like a pretty basic thing to change the default for contacts, texting, email, everything else... be light text on dark background! Do I really have to download a theme for every little aspect of the gui to accomplish this? Thanks.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Each app controls its own interface theme. I am not a rooting expert, but I think with root there are special apps that might let you do what you want.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

brainvision

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's one of the worst aspect related to the Android world.. As @physioprof said, every app basically does what it want! So if the developer wrote the app in a certain way it will perfectly integrate into the Holo default style; if not you will see terrible things, believe me, sometimes apps with the old Gingerbread style!! 😨

Another aspect of the story, then, is the manufacturer mods to the original pure Google Holo design! LG, Samsung, Sony etc, they all heavy mod the original Android appearance, trying to be more eyescandy but at the end making everything looks just confused and messed up!
Obviously this is just my opinion, someone could like it, and sometimes I also like it, but most of the times I don't..
The problem is not the manufacturers UI itself, but the fact that all apps you will install will have not the same style, so at this point I would prefer the pure Google design!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
see if this setting will give you what you are after. settings>general>accessibility>invert colors

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo