How can I install a different UI on my G2?

Enigma07

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm sick of the current ui and I would like something that is cleaner, sharper looking. I'm getting good used to the fact that the G3 ui may never be available to us loyal G2 users, which is why I need help getting a new one. So, can someone help me do this? I want to install something that has as little impact as possible on the core of my phone, aka I don't want to go into the deep abyss of codes and programs like rooters do. Thanks all!

Posted via Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
A launcher like Nova, Apex, Action, Buzz, etc. might be what you're looking for if you just want to change the homescreen and app drawer.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

Enigma07

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I've done that already, it's just the g2 ui I don't like, for example the drop down menu is so different from how clean Nova is, they combat each other in terms of looks.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I've done that already, it's just the g2 ui I don't like, for example the drop down menu is so different from how clean Nova is, they combat each other in terms of looks.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Ah...yeah I think you would need to flash a rom if you wanted to replace the pull-down.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
You can replace the home screen, app drawer, keyboard, core apps, etc.
that's what I did with mine! i'm using mostly Google apps in an attempt to make my g2 the "almost nexus" that mkbhd called it in his review of this device haha

I wanted to use this Google now launcher to have Google now just to the left of my home screen but I also wanted KitKat app icons. so I had to go back to the stock launcher to be able to use the KitKat theme pack I downloaded!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh the woe of not having a pure Android device! Lol

I briefly considered rooting just so I could run CM and get pure Android but there's really no need to root this thing! over the years the advantages of running with an iPhone over an Android device have all but diminished!

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
that's what I did with mine! i'm using mostly Google apps in an attempt to make my g2 the "almost nexus" that mkbhd called it in his review of this device haha

I wanted to use this Google now launcher to have Google now just to the left of my home screen but I also wanted KitKat app icons. so I had to go back to the stock launcher to be able to use the KitKat theme pack I downloaded!

Where did you get the Kit Kat theme pack? Was it in the LG app store? What's it called? I'd like to try it.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Where did you get the Kit Kat theme pack? Was it in the LG app store? What's it called? I'd like to try it.
I'll have to find the thread that linked to the XDA thread that I got the apk from

EDIT...
Found it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2281441

Download the kitkat one in the first post and apply that theme on the stock launcher to get this...

egesybah.jpg

Notice the alarm clock, gallery, contacts, Google icons

Last edited:

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Won't help with the pull-down menu, but Themer is pretty cool. Though it's technically still "beta", it's been rock-solid on my G2!

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I rooted mine and put stock on there and just found it too lacking in features, put a g3 Rom on there and I'm over the moon with it.

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
G3 rom

Attachments

• 1003.jpg
    1003.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 999.jpg
    999.jpg