A few months ago, I updated the OS to 4.4 and couldn't access gmail, youtube, play etc via wifi. NO problems when on 4g. That fixed itself after a couple of weeks. All VZ said was try formatting.

Then last week I decided to update some of my apps.

Now I am no longer able to use these specific apps Gmail, youtube, groupon, google, drive, Chase, yelp, play on the wifi again. I am able to use other apps, like chrome, skype, paypal, ISIS, The error is basically no internet connection while on the wifi (at home) cant connect to these specific apps. I have tried using my work's wifi and am able to use it ok. NO issues on 4G either. I have tried changing my router at home without any resolution.

I have a second device - work's iphone and well all the apps are current (on AT&T) and no issues running any apps on the wifi/4g

Debating to format my phone and see if that solves things.
    09-04-2014 12:35 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that you changed the router--you mean you bought a new one?

If you haven't already, review this guide and see if the tips help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html

You could also try changing your DNS server: The Ultimate Guide to Changing Your DNS Server
    09-04-2014 12:38 AM
    Changing router, as in using a different router.
    I'll have to take a look at the DNS recommendation. i'm not having wifi problems, just i can't use the specific apps listed above within my phone. no problems on any other phone or laptop on the same wifi connection.
    09-04-2014 12:56 AM