LG G2 slow charging on original charger & unresponsive

scaress123

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Sat Oct. 11th my LG G2 worked fine. No issues with the charger and it acted normal. It was somewhere around 10-20% when I plugged it in that night to let it charge overnight. I woke up, it was at 13% and was still charging. I unplugged it, plugged it back in, switched outlets in my house, tried turning it off and then a new problem arose. I turned it off and it wouldn't turn back on. I held down the power button for 10 seconds and still nothing. I vigorously tapped and held down that button until finally it decided to just come back on. From there I tried charging it some more and the battery was just decreasing. I tried my Kindle Fire charger and it didn't say "slow charging" but it still was not charging any faster than the original charger I have. I even tried swapping the USB cords & ports all around to see if either of those was the issue to no avail. Also, it ended up turning itself off at one point and wouldn't turn back on again until I messed with it a bunch. I have never had this issue with it turning itself off and not turning back on. I bought the phone from Sprint about a year ago so it's not that old... is this a charger issue or an internal battery issue?

ginglish

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Since you have already shown that the issue does not go away with a different charger, my bet is its a phone/hardware issue.
Either the charging port is not making good connection or something on/in the battery. Recommend you head to the Sprint Store and have it checked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty