How do I disable the headphone/charger-in notifications

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site
My phone has a problem with the micro usb port. When the charger is in, my phone keeps losing charge and regaining it, about once every 5 seconds. The charger-in notification at the bottom of the screen appears every time this happens, and it's really annoying. My phone is rooted, is there any way to disable that notification, so that I can use it on charge for the time being?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not the notification, it's the port. Something is making a bad connection, so the port keeps connecting and disconnecting the charging voltage. That's eventually going to char the board enough (because each disconnect causes a spark) that you'll have to have it replaced. (About $16 cost to the shop + profit + labor + repair any other damage it cost). It's that last part that can be costly, so bring it in and have it fixed while it just needs a new charger/headphone jack assembly. (It could even be as simple as a loose connector, so it would only cost you labor - if the constant sparking at the connector hasn't destroyed it yet.)

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It's not the notification, it's the port. Something is making a bad connection, so the port keeps connecting and disconnecting the charging voltage. That's eventually going to char the board enough (because each disconnect causes a spark) that you'll have to have it replaced. (About $16 cost to the shop + profit + labor + repair any other damage it cost). It's that last part that can be costly, so bring it in and have it fixed while it just needs a new charger/headphone jack assembly. (It could even be as simple as a loose connector, so it would only cost you labor - if the constant sparking at the connector hasn't destroyed it yet.)

I know it's a problem with the port but I wanted to disable that notification anyway. Right now I need to charge my phone and use it at the same time, it's difficult with that notification constantly popping up. And it's just annoying in general. One of the stupid features of lg's software.