New AT&T G3: Apps that cannot be uninstalled!

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly why I did not want a carrier-branded phone. I've never had one before.
but it was impossible to buy a developer/non-carrier-locked G3. so...
Now there's all this crap that I cannot uninstall...AND that's using the DATA I PAY FOR!
Facebook, the evil data-sucking vampire...nope, can't remove it. Same thing for Twit.
GoogleDrive is chewing up- my data. I don't use it and I don't want it. Just p*sses me off to pay full-price for this garbage...especially when it's sucking my data or snooping on me.

My only option to root?

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The M8 I had was a Dev Edition. If you're going to pay full price, should'nt have to deal with this junk.
Yeah, on a contract plan, they got your nads in the vise anyway.
I'm going to have to root, aren't' I?

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Whats funny is when I bought the phone I had little Red X's on them like I could uninstall them. I wish I had. Two days later the AT&T apps get updated and now they can't be uninstalled. Oh well. I've got them hidden since I cant disable them.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The M8 I had was a Dev Edition. If you're going to pay full price, should'nt have to deal with this junk.
Yeah, on a contract plan, they got your nads in the vise anyway.
I'm going to have to root, aren't' I?

Why ask a questions you already know the answer to.

You're using Google and worried about snooping?

Posted via Android Central App

AppleTraitor

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Google towelroot and install and root with that. Download and install superuser from the Play Store. Then download and install System App Remover (or search for 'root uninstaller') and uninstall any app you want. Mine is free from practically all AT&T carrier apps and the whole process only takes a few minutes.

kingsway8605

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The only app that I've seen that you can't disable is the Tmo My Account app. Everything else can be disabled as far as I can see.
Yeah realized after posting by default lookout is a device admin. That's why it couldn't be disabled. Easy enough to deactivate the admin rights.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Google towelroot and install and root with that. Download and install superuser from the Play Store. Then download and install System App Remover (or search for 'root uninstaller') and uninstall any app you want. Mine is free from practically all AT&T carrier apps and the whole process only takes a few minutes.
My plan exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez