Why I have apps that crash in my new phone?

Terimtoo

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
I just bought a Samsung A42 and have all my backed up data on it. I have 4 apps that won't stay open. As soon as I tap the app it opens then shut immediately. I have had 4 different techs work on it and no one can figure it out. I am about ready to take this phone back and get something different.

I have had these apps on all my previous phones with no problems. Why don't they work now?

I have read online about Google play store apps crashing in the past year from a bad web view program & supposedly put out a patch update but it still happens on my 11.0.
Is anyone aware of this problem? Is there a fix? I really like this phone but I cannot stand this issue going on forever.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What was (were) your previous devices? Is this happening with all apps or only certain apps? Have you verified that the apps are compatible with the version of Android on the new device?

That issue with the Android System Webview was only for a couple weeks, and only recently, I don't think it's been an issue for a year..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the S9 forum to the General Help forum (since we don't have a specific subforum for the A42).

Did you install these apps directly from the Play Store or Galaxy Apps Store, or were they installed from somewhere else? Have you already tried clearing the app cache/data for those apps?

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
I also doubt whether this issue is related to the Android System Webview update. Check & get the latest update for the Android System Webview at first, please.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just bought a Samsung A42 and have all my backed up data on it. I have 4 apps that won't stay open. As soon as I tap the app it opens then shut immediately. I have had 4 different techs work on it and no one can figure it out. I am about ready to take this phone back and get something different.

I have had these apps on all my previous phones with no problems. Why don't they work now?

I have read online about Google play store apps crashing in the past year from a bad web view program & supposedly put out a patch update but it still happens on my 11.0.
Is anyone aware of this problem? Is there a fix? I really like this phone but I cannot stand this issue going on forever.
Which 4 apps?
Is everything up to date in play store?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia