Bought G3, Just got a OnePlus One invite

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm still within the G3 return period. Had I known the invite was coming or gotten it sooner, I likely wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the G3.

Love the G3 now that it's all sorted out, but I got it partly out of frustration of the OnePlus invite system and got tired of waiting.

So, what would you do? Yeah, I could keep both, and I still got my Nexus 5, lol. But no way I'm hanging on to all 3.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm still within the G3 return period. Had I known the invite was coming or gotten it sooner, I likely wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the G3.

Love the G3 now that it's all sorted out, but I got it partly out of frustration of the OnePlus invite system and got tired of waiting.

So, what would you do? Yeah, I could keep both, and I still got my Nexus 5, lol. But no way I'm hanging on to all 3.

I was about to post the same thing. I ended up putting the OPO on credit. If I like it, I'll keep it and sell my old BB Z30 for $200 or so.
I love the G3 and have no desire to get rid of it, but I'm excited to try this unicorn.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Owning three is okay. Are they unlocked? Mine are and I can run them for £35/$60 a month easily, less if I'm careful, and one of those on unlimited data.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The G3 is not unlocked. The N5 would be the one I get rid of. After all, the N6 will come out one day 😀

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me last week. I got as far as ordering the One, but ended up canceling the order because I didn't want to mess with the modified OS and problems I had read about. Now I see that you can get it with vanilla Android. For the price it might be worth it???

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for an invite but bought the G3 yesterday. I'm not sure what I'll do when I get an invite. I'm around the 50,000 Mark and I think invites are around 41,000 right now.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I got 3 invites for the One, gave them to friends and got the TMO G3. I couldn't be happier. But I need T-mobile wi-fi calling.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The OnePlus One isn't a bad phone I just think with this invite thing they missed out on a lot of business as people moved on to readily available devices.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The OnePlus One isn't a bad phone I just think with this invite thing they missed out on a lot of business as people moved on to readily available devices.

It was a strategy that didn't quite work for oppo and they should have chosen the other route.

A great device going purely by reviews.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
6.5mm taller (and it is even wider by a little), same screen size with less pixels, non-removable battery? No thanks.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

This. I was ready to buy and lost complete interest

CFR0628

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I've watched the reviews on the oneplus and it doesn't seem all that exciting. It's just a cheap phone with decent specs. Nothing mind blowing or ground breaking.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
6.5mm taller (and it is even wider by a little), same screen size with less pixels, non-removable battery? No thanks.
Yeah, this is definitely making me think twice.

I think I'll end up like jneusch above, I'll have the order form all filled out right before it expires, and we'll see if I actually click "submit" or not.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The best thing about this phone is the value, with it's price so low. But do you really want to settle for this based on money? The G3 isn't terribly heavy in the $$$ department.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I just ended up letting the 3 invites I got expire. I'm just going to enjoy my G3 for the next few months, and then I'll be into the annual Nexus rumor and buying frenzy towards the end of the year.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
For an extra $230 you get removable battery, microSD, 2k hd screen, laser focus, two tone flash, optical image stabilization, 1 watt speaker, 5.5 inch screen in 5.1inch body, wireless charging, and a tried and true manufacturer. The choice is up to you.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Buy the One, try it, keep it... Sell it... Sell your N5 instead after deciding... Options my friend

Personally I would keep the G3 though. So far mine had been well worth the switch

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
So, I just ended up letting the 3 invites I got expire. I'm just going to enjoy my G3 for the next few months, and then I'll be into the annual Nexus rumor and buying frenzy towards the end of the year.
Wow, just let them expire? What a waste, so many people who would have used then had they been offered up.

I gave up waiting for a OPO invite and got the G3 just two days ago. No regrets, though I think I still prefer the features and interface on my Droid Maxx.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Mine also expired. A couple friends at work tried to give them away but no-one wanted them. Too much money to spend on something that won't be around this time next year.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Buy the One, try it, keep it... Sell it... Sell your N5 instead after deciding... Options my friend

Personally I would keep the G3 though. So far mine had been well worth the switch

Exactly.

I'm sure you can profit off (if you want too) the One easily.

I got over it but I will but if/when I get they invite not because of the price nor specs but I want to see what this C11 is all about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non