S23 Ultra or S24 Ultra?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Hello all. I've been using the S21 Ultra for around a year and a half now. I'm getting a little bit of an itch
for something new. It still works great though. I would have loved to picked up the S23 Ultra a little while
back, as Samsung was offering 700 in trade-in for it. Unfortunately, at that time, I didn't have the money.
And now, of course, I do, and the trade-in value for it is now 200 dollars. Samsung is now offering,
at least for me, nearly 840 dollars after all discounts and trade-in values for my S21 Ultra if I purchase
the 1TB version of the S24 Ultra. I had considered "upgrading," to potentially either device.
If I bought an S23 Ultra out right, I could just keep my S21 Ultra and have double the fun.
However, 1000+ dollars is a lot of money! Which route should I go if I decide to? 840 dollars for my
S21 Ultra is pretty tempting, and even more money than I paid for the device originally.
My only concern with the S24U is that it hasn't been officially released yet, and that makes me
nervous as I don't think there has been enough time to see what kind of potential issues it may
have being a newer device, as this happens sometimes. Much like the defect of how the S22U
had horrible battery life and bad speakers supposedly. I suppose if I went the S24U route,
I could just return it within a certain time frame if I'm not happy with it I believe.
Any thoughts?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't recall any particular problems with battery life or speakers on the S22. Regardless, I think the trade in for the S21 towards the S24 is a no brainer.

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I don't recall any particular problems with battery life or speakers on the S22. Regardless, I think the trade in for the S21 towards the S24 is a no brainer.
Maybe not for you. But there was a lot of people who had issues with the battery life and the speakers sounding hollow on the S22U.

The discounts by now are good enough that I would consider getting an S22U, but given those issues, and the fact that I've heard many people say that the S22U is basically the S21U with an S pen, I'll definitely not go that route.

I originally paid 600 dollars for my S21U, so getting what I paid for it, plus almost an extra 350 is pretty damned tempting. I'm worried the amount will go down after pre-orders are over.