Screen - Light bleed / leak?

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the G3 about a week ago, and came from the M8. Love everything about this phone, but I do realize that my g3 screen is very warm and that whites come out a little pinkish, but it's not a problem. the only thing about the screen that I'm not sure is normal is this light leak from the top part of the screen. anyone else have this or know if this is normal? I will attach pictures of the top, and also of the bottom of the screen to show the difference (no light leak).

IMAG1089.jpgIMAG1087.jpgIMAG1086.jpgIMAG1083.jpgIMAG1082.jpg

DroidFox

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Some bleed it normal, though those tests really make it look worse. Let me ask you a question. How does the screen look without running those screen tests? Can you post a picture of your homescreen?

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Some bleed it normal, though those tests really make it look worse. Let me ask you a question. How does the screen look without running those screen tests? Can you post a picture of your homescreen?

I agree that the test make it look worse. The problem isn't when I'm looking perfectly straight at the screen, but just looking at the phone at a very slight angle produces this. It's something I could live with, but I wouldn't want a defective screen either. It's more noticeable with lighter colors.IMAG1090.jpgIMAG1091.jpg

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I just tested my screen out and at 100% manual brightness i see absolutely no bleeding, top or bottom.

That would bug the heck out of me, though. :/

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! I ended up going to the AT&T store just out of curiosity and the black display model screen not only looked better and wasn't as warm (whiter whites, blacker blacks) but had absolutely no light leakage! I showed the manager at the store and she agreed that it was defective. She brought out another white, and it had the same screen problems as my original white one. I asked to see a black one and the screen was perfect, so they exchanged it for me. Glad I went to the store.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! I ended up going to the AT&T store just out of curiosity and the black display model screen not only looked better and wasn't as warm (whiter whites, blacker blacks) but had absolutely no light leakage! I showed the manager at the store and she agreed that it was defective. She brought out another white, and it had the same screen problems as my original white one. I asked to see a black one and the screen was perfect, so they exchanged it for me. Glad I went to the store.

Strange, indeed! Mine, mentioned above, is the white model (Verizon). It must have been a bad batch of white ones sent to AT&T?

Glad you got a good one, but sorry to see you leave the silk white club!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty