I am puzzled to choose between 2GB or 3GB .. help me

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hiii
guys soon i'll be on of the G3 family :$ and now i'm wonder if ill feel in difference between the 2gb version of ram and the 3GB for my i'm going to chose the 2gb because i see other phones like samsung s5 come also with only 2gb if i'm not wrong

so please whats your recommend for me ... and about how i'm using the phone not that much of heavy use lets say medium to high

thank you :)

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If you have access to both, get the 3GB.
Per LG, it is optimized to run with 2GB so that one is just fine.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
i know 3gb would be better but there is Significant difference in price in my country

Ah OK, that makes sense then. No offense intended of course!

I have a 3GB version, so I'm not sure how the 2GB functions. I can tell you from the amount of RAM my phone uses that I usually hover around having 1GB RAM available, sometimes less (727MB's avail. right now). I feel the phone functions very smoothly for me right now, and I've seen some people say the phone can experience lag (not something I've noticed).

Personally I don't think I'd be satisfied having the 2GB's vs 3, based on the fact my phone is consistently using 2GB's or more. Not sure if the 2GB version of the phone actually functions differently then the 3.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ah OK, that makes sense then. No offense intended of course!

I have a 3GB version, so I'm not sure how the 2GB functions. I can tell you from the amount of RAM my phone uses that I usually hover around having 1GB RAM available, sometimes less (727MB's avail. right now). I feel the phone functions very smoothly for me right now, and I've seen some people say the phone can experience lag (not something I've noticed).

Personally I don't think I'd be satisfied having the 2GB's vs 3, based on the fact my phone is consistently using 2GB's or more. Not sure if the 2GB version of the phone actually functions differently then the 3.

Performance I myself was concerned about prior to purchase but I have the 2/16gb and I consider myself a heavy user (however not into mobile gaming). Its been so smooth and in this area I have no complaints switching in and out of apps is fluid as is navigating the Ui.

Don't be concerned about the lack of ram its of no issue what so ever...in terms of general to even heavy use all has been fine for me (touch wood).

Posted via the Android Central App

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
My apps were constantly closing with the 2gb version. Literally after 2 app every multitasking died - and had a lot a redraws. With the 2gb model.you only have like 500mb ram left because system and screen uses 1.5gb.

I sold mine used and bought a 3gb version within like 1 month because I couldn't take it any more.

But with the 3gb model everything is fantastic and works flawlessly - best phone ever. :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My apps were constantly closing with the 2gb version. Literally after 2 app every multitasking died - and had a lot a redraws. With the 2gb model.you only have like 500mb ram left because system and screen uses 1.5gb.

I sold mine used and bought a 3gb version within like 1 month because I couldn't take it any more.

But with the 3gb model everything is fantastic and works flawlessly - best phone ever. :)

Whilst validity is there and this was an unfortunate experience I as mentioned I am running the 2/16gb without issue.

Of course it should be balanced and I'm not dismissing your post.

But to sort of insinuate that all will succumb or the 2gb is to be avoided at all costs is misleading .....

Yes if money allows grab the 3/32gb the extra 1gb will benefit...but if it won't your not going or shouldn't if you get a good unit notice anything.

I have the Z2 which has 3gb of ram and I honestly with my use (no gaming) web browsing, social media, YouTube videos, photo & video capture ect don't notice any significant differences...this is down to how I use it no doubt ....

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
But to sort of insinuate that all will succumb or the 2gb is to be avoided at all costs is misleading .....

I don't think he/she said that everyone would experience the same thing, just that the 2GB version didn't work out in this particular case.

The 2GB version in an inferior version of the G3, still useable? Yep. You have had a good experience with it so for some it works perfectly fine, but the 3GB version is the better version. Unless it costs a significant amount more, I can't think of ever wanting the 2GB version over the 3GB.