My LG G3 won't shut down. Can you help?

Mohammad Arshad

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
LG G3 wont shut down!

Once again, many many apologies for what is probably a very stupid question from me..again! :p

So every time I try to shut down my G3 by pressing the power button, and then selecting power off..the phone shuts down but immediately restarts again. I have to then take the battery out and manually shut it down like that.

Is this a feature I do not know off? Perhaps some quick start thing?

Please advise :(

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G3 wont shut down!

If when you press Power Off you get Power Off And Restart, there's something wrong.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't feel competent to judge. If it's not too much of a hassle and your personal data is backed up, you could try a Factory Reset.
...Or returning it.

Edit. I just checked your other thread and see you have a used device. Was it bought with any kind of warranty? Being able to power off the phone is a fairly important feature and if you can't do it in the normal way, that justifies returning it.

Last edited:

Mohammad Arshad

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't feel competent to judge. If it's not too much of a hassle and your personal data is backed up, you could try a Factory Reset.
...Or returning it.

Edit. I just checked your other thread and see you have a used device. Was it bought with any kind of warranty? Being able to power off the phone is a fairly important feature and if you can't do it in the normal way, that justifies returning it.

Thanks.. Yeah I do have 6 months warranty on it. I hope whatever the issue is will be covered by warranty :(

Thanks for the help :)