LG G3 Anyone bailing for the Nexus 6?

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I am 😊 My N5 was so smooth. Have been disappointed w/the lag on my G3. There are, however, many positives w/the G3. But I'm ready to move on, especially since I won't be giving up the QHD display.
Sent from my Nokia 909 using Tapatalk

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone bailing for the Nexus 6?

I absolutely love my G3 and it's very few shortcomings. It gets hot and sometimes freezes. The only reason I ditched the Nexus 5 was to get a larger phone. I am very interested in the 6. It's very possible I'll switch. It's not gonna be an easy decision.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

the next great camera Motorola puts in a phone will be the first. I'll pass.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

I absolutely love my G3 and it's very few shortcomings. It gets hot and sometimes freezes. The only reason I ditched the Nexus 5 was to get a larger phone. I am very interested in the 6. It's very possible I'll switch. It's not gonna be an easy decision.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

The heat and the freeze seem to be the reason I want to hang my G3 up for good. Although I do like the device. I liked my G2 also. I like the new direction that Motorola has gone in but just as posted above... The camera hardware is ALWAYS lacking.

53N7 9R0M M4 G3

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

The upside, Nexus phones rule when it comes to that stock experience. No bloatware unless you consider google bloat. It's fast and smooth. No locked Bootloader.

The downside, will always be the cameras, which is why I've never jumped on them.

Having a unlocked boot loader with CM11 in the works makes me even more against jumping ship.

I'll stick with the G3.

Posted via the Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Left the Note series due to the size, Nexus 6 is even bigger.
That being said, if my G3 ever overheats and shuts down it will be the first and last time. For those that put up with this, you have more patience than I ever will. In a phrase, this should not happen.....ever.
I would go back to a larger phone in heartbeat if this ever happens (Note4, Nexus 6 would be options for me).

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I have had Zero problems with my G3, but I am very tempted to give the N6 a go.

Mav. :cool:

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Nope... Not bailing yet. If I do in the future it would be for the Moto X. But I'm quite happy with the G3

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yeah... I have no complaints about my G3... but Nexus devices are always tempting. I guess the sticking point I have is the camera. Motorola doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation for their cameras (which is why I chuckle with some first looks at the Nexus 6 talk about Motorola's 'class leading' cameras). The G3's shooter does so well that I'd be hesitant to downgrade it... so I guess it would be a question as to how much of a downgrade it would be....

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Yeah... I have no complaints about my G3... but Nexus devices are always tempting. I guess the sticking point I have is the camera. Motorola doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation for their cameras (which is why I chuckle with some first looks at the Nexus 6 talk about Motorola's 'class leading' cameras). The G3's shooter does so well that I'd be hesitant to downgrade it... so I guess it would be a question as to how much of a downgrade it would be....

It always seemed to be too late for me when getting any of my Motorola devices. By the time I realized the camera was sub par. It was too late. I never buy devices brand new from big red. They won't steal my data just for signing another contract.

53N7 9R0M M4 G3

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

No.
1. Camera: Nexus does not have a good track record with cameras
2. Battery life: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
3. Verizon: defeats the purpose

*****On a side note: I have not had any freezing or heating issues.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

I'm still waiting for exact dimensions of the N6 to see how much bigger it is than the G3. The G3 is the max limit for my daily driver phone. Anything bigger would end up being a secondary device. And the price of this Nexus is outrageous.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

I am thinking about Droid turbo. Nexus 6 just does not match the specs.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Nope opted for the Note 4 instead and awaiting dispatch & delivery. Still keeping the G3 this is for comparison reasons lol

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Nope... G3 form factor is huge for me when making a decision like this. I came from the Note series. The g3 is just a great overall size with incredible screen size phone. Of all the new phones out there, the only two that have my interest right now are the Note 4 and the Droid Turbo, in that order. But I am more than satisfied with my g3.i am going to keep it and wait. Samsung are developing a new 64bit chip that offers significant improvement over current tech...and we'll, there is the g4 coming up.... :)
The g3 is a great phone. I am keeping mine.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Definitely keeping my G3. I've never owned a Samsung that got adequate reception.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I concur with the camera comments. Keeping my Lumia 1020 for that reason.

More power to those with a lag-free G3. Mine has stuttered & lagged since day one. Has kept me from really falling in love w/it, and makes it easier to let go w/o looking back.

Sent from my Nokia 909 using Tapatalk

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't if the camera is important feature to you

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members