The LG V60 is here: My Phone of the Year.

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone. It took awhile to find this one long thread. Ordered my white V60 on launch day from Verizon. Coming from the V30 which I loved. So far I got 3 cases, a 400GB SDXC card, an HDMI to USB cable, and I have the WACOM Bamboo Ink Stylus on order. Now wish I could find ANY themes or wallpaper.

I'm still waiting for the dual screen to ship. (Since 4/6)
I haven't had any issues with auto brightness that some have reported.

I received the Wacom stylus this weekend. I never used one before, but I'm a big note maker at home. It has been a bit of a struggle learning how to use it. Any one have any tips, or favorite apps, they like to use with the stylus. I updated Bamboo Paper to Pro, and got Google Keep Notes. I think I'll use it a lot once I get the hang of it.

LG SmartWorld doesn't come with Verizon model, and I still haven't found any wallpaper or themes. That's one thing the V30 had lots of. I know the ones on Smartworld weren't that great, but at least it was something.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
LG SmartWorld doesn't come with Verizon model, and I still haven't found any wallpaper or themes. That's one thing the V30 had lots of. I know the ones on Smartworld weren't that great, but at least it was something.

I make my own wallpapers, but I've been thinking of trying some live wallpapers. There's tons in the Play store, so hard to sort through them all.

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I make my own wallpapers, but I've been thinking of trying some live wallpapers. There's tons in the Play store, so hard to sort through them all.

The ones on the play store.....do you have to resize them or something? I haven't tried any because I figured with the V60's screen size they wouldn't look right.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's also worth noting that even pro-photographers will take numerous shots and toss a lot of them. If you're in a studio with controlled lighting, it's not an issue because your settings always stay the same. Shooting different locations will always have various challenges when it comes to exposure, requiring test shots to get things right. A pro doing outdoor work may take 100 photos, but only keep a relative few. If I had the time to do that, I could've come out with something better. The point of the above comparison test was your typical one and done photo that most people do with phones.

I get that, and I'm not surprised that they take many photos to get the one that they really like. Something I have come to look for in photos over the past year or so is how close to realism does this photo resemble. Probably because I now know how much saturation several OEMs put in default photo configurations.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It's also worth noting that even pro-photographers will take numerous shots and toss a lot of them. If you're in a studio with controlled lighting, it's not an issue because your settings always stay the same. Shooting different locations will always have various challenges when it comes to exposure, requiring test shots to get things right. A pro doing outdoor work may take 100 photos, but only keep a relative few. If I had the time to do that, I could've come out with something better. The point of the above comparison test was your typical one and done photo that most people do with phones.
I'm not a professional photographer, but even when I shot film years ago, I'd typically shoot 3 rolls just to get a few decent photos, especially in difficult situations such as photographing fireworks.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I get that, and I'm not surprised that they take many photos to get the one that they really like. Something I have come to look for in photos over the past year or so is how close to realism does this photo resemble. Probably because I now know how much saturation several OEMs put in default photo configurations.
With DSLR, it's easy to take as many shots as possible without any extra expenses. I did that with 35mm film, which meant buying many rolls of film, and not much that could be fixed in the darkroom.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I feel like I could spend hours sorting through themes and wallpapers. It's a bad habit! But a fun one!

mbbarron

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Need help deciding between purchasing an LG V60 or a OnePlus 8 on Verizon. I can likely get either phone at for free with promotional offers so don't factor cost in. Not sure about size and weight here - think I'd prefer a smaller phone but the dual screen option is tempting. Like the option of adding memory in the LG which I don't think is an option in the OnePlus. Concerned about compatibility with my Samsung Galaxy Active Smartwatch which I've had trouble with full functionality now with my LG V30. Losing face unlock is a bummer. Does anyone have experience using Android 10 with Android Auto? (I have an aftermarket system: Vline2 in a 2013 car so hoping that will still work?) Would like to make sure compatibility is there also. Read that OnePlus 8 was having issues with 5G on Verizon and that's fine short term for me, but don't want that to still be an issue several months from now. Appreciate input from experts! TIA!

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Need help deciding between purchasing an LG V60 or a OnePlus 8 on Verizon. I can likely get either phone at for free with promotional offers so don't factor cost in. Not sure about size and weight here - think I'd prefer a smaller phone but the dual screen option is tempting. Like the option of adding memory in the LG which I don't think is an option in the OnePlus. Concerned about compatibility with my Samsung Galaxy Active Smartwatch which I've had trouble with full functionality now with my LG V30. Losing face unlock is a bummer. Does anyone have experience using Android 10 with Android Auto? (I have an aftermarket system: Vline2 in a 2013 car so hoping that will still work?) Would like to make sure compatibility is there also. Read that OnePlus 8 was having issues with 5G on Verizon and that's fine short term for me, but don't want that to still be an issue several months from now. Appreciate input from experts! TIA!
I would get the V60 hands down unless you take a lot portrait mode shots and want timely updates which OnePlus is pretty good at. I have the OnePlus 7 Pro currently and returned the V60 for the portrait mode issue. I did not like LG's decision to limit it to the 25mm focal length. But the V60 is an excellent phone. Also the OnePlus has the better screen if that matters to you.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any experience with One+, so can't really help there.

On another note, I tried the OEM 25W charger today. Until now, I've been sticking with regular QC 3.0 chargers I already had, which max out about 3A charging. When I plugged in the phone, seeing the 5A charging rate was shocking.

I may do some testing, because I noticed 2 things right away. It's only 5A with the screen off (I saw the amperage maxed thanks to AccuBattery), but it instantly drops to about 2A as soon as you turn the screen on. That's common with LG and preserves battery life. The other thing I noticed was the temp spikes quite a bit at 5A. That's also to be expected, but it was a quick 10°+F. I didn't have time to let it completely settle in to find the total temp increase, but it dropped pretty quickly when I turned the screen on and the amperage dropped.

Then again, 5A is pushing the charge rate of a 5Ah Li-ion battery, making for a 1C charge (1:1 charge current to capacity is 1C). Being a sealed battery, I'm more comfortable with the 3A current from my other chargers for a 0.6C charging rate. That will help prolong the battery, plus keep the temps down.

Dws51

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The only 2 issues I have with this phone....
1...finger print scanner is unreliable
2....I sometimes have a problem signing off on a phone call
Fix these two issues and I put this phone against the iPhone and the rest of Android phones.
I really like this phone.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad