Camera & MMS Limit

waterise

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello. Basically, why is my MMS limit too high for very short videos? I recorded a 5 second, if that, video on the front camera and went to send it to my friends and it said the MMS Limit was too high....What kinda bull**** is that?

Posted via the Android Central App

courtneyftw

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
What device are you using. A lot of newer devices have a higher quality camera on them, and when taking videos and pictures, those files are larger in size because of it.

It's possible that you may be able to compress it, or upload to Drive to share or something along those lines. Email is always an option, too!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
MMS file size limits are usually very low, and it also varies depending on the carrier. Verizon's limit is 1.2 MB, so that obviously means a very short or very low res video. If you want to send a hi res or long video to someone, you're better off sending it via Hangouts, because this uploads your video to your Google+ Photos album in the cloud (privately), and then shares the link with the person you sent the Hangout to.

waterise

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
This is the only thing that makes me miss my iPhone. On my iPhone, not on iMessage, I could still send long videos

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38