What text app are you using

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I use Text Plus Gold as it allows me one text number to and from for any of the four different lines on my four lines. Makes my wife's and daughters life easier for texting me.

• from the 🍎 i6+ •

Paul Guest1

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Google Messenger, because I like the look and simplicity of it, even though it is buggy with MMS under Lollipop.

And Textra, when I have any issues with the above.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
We have some answers about your question found here.

I recommend reading some of their suggestions. I, on the other hand, am satisfied with the stock LG messaging app.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Textra and the Hangouts app are the ones I flip between. After I got my G3, I found out textra was eatting my battery for some reason. I tried it again after a few months and they had done a bugfix update and its been running strong since. Hangouts I used in between and sometimes think about using because I'm starting to use it more and alot of the contacts are the same.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Using Textra right now. It's simple but does all I need and looks nice. I've tried all of them and sometimes switch it up but have been using Textra for quite awhile now. I also like the quick compose in the drop down menu.

♻Positivity!

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Using Textra right now. It's simple but does all I need and looks nice. I've tried all of them and sometimes switch it up but have been using Textra for quite awhile now. I also like the quick compose in the drop down menu.

♻Positivity!

I was using Google Messenger and was happy with it, but wouldn't receive MMS while I had wifi calling on. I'd heard this was an issue and Textra worked around this with some settings changed and so I downloaded it. I was able to set it to look very much like Google Messenger and now I'm getting my MMS messages as I'm supposed to, even with wifi calling enabled.

likwidkool

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Using google messenger. Simple and does the job.
I had really liked 8sms but the Dev stopped supporting it. It had one feature I loved which it wouldn't split long messages but turn them into one MMS. I've yet to find another app I can do this with.

Posted via the Android Central App

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I was on the SwiftKey for awhile and might jump back to it because of the android like experience + the multiple skins to choose from, BUT, the LGG3 has a really nice keyboard, I mean a REALLY NICE KEYBOARD. Why add more luggage to a good thing?

RSindian

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Currently using Google Messenger. But I rotate very often between that, Chomp SMS and AwSMS, which is a alpha app but I'm very impressed with it and the developer is very responsive and he provides timely updates.

Last edited:

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Used GoSMS forever until they gutted it with an "upgrade."

Now use Textra. Simple, clean. Has enough customization for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chwoka