Am I glad I didn't upgrade to lollipop.

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
As the title says, lollipop for most people has been a let down. A small percentage were lucky. Sadly a lot wish they had not bothered. I am glad I didn't go that way. I am sticking with kit Kat. So what do you people think about lollipop? Downloaded or not taken the plunge?

Posted via the Android Central App

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the uk d855 with 2gb of ram and to be fair ive not had a any issues with lollipop. Although my friend has the 3gb version of the g3 and he regrets updating. Theres room for improvements i guess but im overall happy with the update

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
As the title says, lollipop for most people has been a let down. A small percentage were lucky. Sadly a lot wish they had not bothered. I am glad I didn't go that way. I am sticking with kit Kat. So what do you people think about lollipop? Downloaded or not taken the plunge?

At&t mandated the ota update so I had no choice for my D850. So far it's alright but some options that are now gone.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Those people with the problems did an in place upgrade as opposed to factory reset. Few issues with factory reset then upgrade to Lolipop.

Paul Guest1

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Those people with the problems did an in place upgrade as opposed to factory reset. Few issues with factory reset then upgrade to Lolipop.

This. A full wipe takes care of most, if not all, issues. Lollipop has been for me terrific.

psychotron

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine ran an in place upgrade for while I wasn't minding my phone (AT&T Model D850) and after it updated all I did was update Google Play Services, shut down, pull the battery and reboot, no factory reset. All has been well so far. I had not intended to upgrade just yet, but I'm glad to report that I'm pleasantly surprised with the result after all. Performance hasn't been impacted that I can tell and battery life actually appears to be marginally better than before.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine ran an in place upgrade for while I wasn't minding my phone (AT&T Model D850) and after it updated all I did was update Google Play Services, shut down, pull the battery and reboot, no factory reset. All has been well so far. I had not intended to upgrade just yet, but I'm glad to report that I'm pleasantly surprised with the result after all. Performance hasn't been impacted that I can tell and battery life actually appears to be marginally better than before.

I think for most it makes sense to do the upgrade in place, and then factory reset/upgrade only if there's a problem. Factory reset is the ideal but realistically most people don't want to do that.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
We are at the tipping point and this is what happens when there is a major version release. Kitkat and Jelly Bean previously had this same issue. Apps people are using constantly and are used to get deprecated and the dev doesn't bother updating them. When it is incrimental changes the apps can keep working but then you go and do a major update and you end up with Major battery drains, memory leaks, and crashing. Sometimes it is as simple as clearing the cache, reinstalling the app, but there are times despite what a person wants, the app was not designed for a new version and needs to be removed.

I had a friend who got a Note 4 with Kitkat on it, was coming from a lower version of Jelly Bean and they couldn't keep a charge for more than a few hours, the phone locked up, and many other issues. Co-workers had the same phone, no issues. I had to have him do a factory reset, even though he got it brand new, just put basic apps that are tried and tested (Facebook, Hangouts, Twitter) and that he required. He was getting a full day if not more with no issues. He loaded some note taking app that let him do voice recordings that he was used to, battery crashed like it wasn't there. Had him uninstall that and switch to evernote, no issues once again.

I have 2 phones, one is on Lollipop and my G3 is Sprint and probably getting the update Monday/Tuesday, or at least starting to get it. I'll have no issues updating because I find at major versions, factory reset and reassessing your apps usage of resources is required sometimes.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Made the jump the same night the update came out , the file was around 685m , ended up soft bricking my phone because it had root, I managed to revive my phone back to stock and tried the update the next day and noticed the file was up to 700+m so maybe some fixes had been made, loving the new look and feel of lollipop so far, a great rom. On att 855.

Ashley_Renee79

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I hate lollipop and wish i could go back. The vibration on my keyboard is super weak, the new buttons are ugly, i hate the notifications especially on the lock screen. I think i am done with android and getting an iPhone this weekend.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
At&t version here

I got auto updated overnight while charging and so far so good. No issues. Battery seems the same.

Only thing I didn't like was the removal of sound and vibrate option when press/holding the power button but an app fixed that

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I hate lollipop and wish i could go back. The vibration on my keyboard is super weak, the new buttons are ugly, i hate the notifications especially on the lock screen. I think i am done with android and getting an iPhone this weekend.

LMFAO.. flash back to Kit KAt dude, it's so easy a caveman can do it. How to Unroot/Unbrick LG G3! [Complete Stock] ~ AndroidRootz.com | Source for Android Rooting, ROMS, Tricks and More!