Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

03-12-2015 09:49 PM
43 12
tools
    Let me just say that the s6 Edge is beautiful. Very premium device with front and back glass and metal. The edge is a gimmick but it sure looks nice. 2k display plus that brightness! I don't really care for lack of SD card cause I stream with rhapsody and have 50gb free with At&t Locker plus Google Drive with 15 gb...

My major setback is Samsung's touchwiz even though they said it has been toned down. I hate it! And I love LG's ui...

Guys, I think I'm going with Sammy in 2015....
    You???
    03-02-2015 08:40 AM
    Personally I would switch to Apple before I ever buy another Samsung phone. LG or HTC for me.
    sswitzer and GrooveRite like this.
    03-02-2015 08:49 AM
    I am happy with LG, so staying put

Posted via the Android Central App
    GrooveRite likes this.
    03-02-2015 09:17 AM
    Personally i would never go to Samsung. LG won me over, can't wait for successor to the g3!

Posted via my AT&T LG G3 Running Illusion ROM
    GrooveRite likes this.
    03-02-2015 10:23 AM
    Not sure if you would be willing to go down in screen size for relatively the same sized phone. Look at the dimensions.

Personally I think the Edge model looks dated. The normal S6 looks nice but the design is tiresome. It's exactly the same thing as all the other galaxy models. Plus a fingerprint magnet back prone to cracking like the iPhone 4.

You should wait for the other flagships to be announced.
    03-02-2015 11:14 AM
    I need to see the LG g4 before I make that decision. The glass and metal are beautiful Idk what g4 has in store but the non removable battery and no sd slot in the s6 May be a deal breaker...
    evoldroid, GrooveRite and kj11 like this.
    03-02-2015 11:41 AM
    Not sure if you would be willing to go down in screen size for relatively the same sized phone. Look at the dimensions.

Personally I think the Edge model looks dated. The normal S6 looks nice but the design is tiresome. It's exactly the same thing as all the other galaxy models. Plus a fingerprint magnet back prone to cracking like the iPhone 4.

You should wait for the other flagships to be announced.
    Agreed. Nothing beats these small bezels and screen size. The only thing pulling me to potentially get the s6 is the metal and glass build. But I have to see the g4 first. G3 is hands down best phone I've ever owned and I had all Apple phones and Samsung phones...
    GrooveRite and brybelle22 like this.
    03-02-2015 11:42 AM
    Yeah I too am waiting for possibly the g4. Looked at the m9 but going down in screen size isint something I'm wanting to do from my g3, best phone I've ever had BTW.

03-02-2015 12:19 PM
    Agreed. Nothing beats these small bezels and screen size. The only thing pulling me to potentially get the s6 is the metal and glass build. But I have to see the g4 first. G3 is hands down best phone I've ever owned and I had all Apple phones and Samsung phones...
    I agree... The g3 is my best phone till date. I just Love LG's Ui. But that sa6 edge tho! Beautiful...
    03-02-2015 12:57 PM
    I'm sticking with my G3. My best phone to date.

briannamarie91 likes this.
    03-02-2015 01:08 PM
    The edge in emerald green looks great, but my G3 has been so much better than my note 3 and S3 before that. If you like the G3, do yourself a favor and see what the G4 is all about before making any rash decisions
    03-02-2015 01:23 PM
    Personally I'll be switching to the M9 in the spring. No removable battery and no MicroSD card is a non starter for me on the S6

xocomaox likes this.
    03-02-2015 03:46 PM
    Me personally the G3 and upcoming G4 is a better overall phone. The Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge doesn't have a removable battery or SD card memory slot. I like habing a replacement my battery and putting a mirco sd card in my phone. To me these are 2 things I value in a phone besides the overall performance of it

03-02-2015 04:24 PM
    I have nothing against Samsung phones. I think brand loyalty is a silly thing. The G3 is, I feel, a better phone than the S5. Whether the G4 will be better than the S6 remains to be seen. Let's see how they actually work in real life, in the hands of real users.

That said, I don't consider a fixed battery to be an improvement, although I'll wait and see what battery life is like before calling that a show-stopper. I'm surprised at how rarely I need to charge my G3's battery during the day, and I've only had to use the extra battery LG gave me one time. I'm also worried about how much the high RAM versions of the S6 will cost compared to the cost of an SD card.

In truth, I doubt I'll buy an S6 or a G4, or any other of this year's phones. The improvements just aren't going to be that significant to daily use. The S7 and G5, and will be bigger jumps.

Me personally the G3 and upcoming G4 is a better overall phone. The Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge doesn't have a removable battery or SD card memory slot. I like habing a replacement my battery and putting a mirco sd card in my phone. To me these are 2 things I value in a phone besides the overall performance of it

And how do you know the G4 will have a removable battery and SD slot?
    tdr01 and GrooveRite like this.
    03-02-2015 07:20 PM
    I got my G3 for $1 on contract. $1. The ETF is a declining $375. The G3 has an SD card and removable battery and works great with Lollipop too. Nope, not getting an S6 Edge this year.

📱6+🐙
    03-02-2015 07:55 PM
    So far theses are the specs I keep getting from other sites

Attached Thumbnails From a G3 to an S6 Edge???-73455.jpg  
    03-02-2015 11:30 PM
    My wife has always had Sammy devices and she's lost using her G2 now. She's so lost, that I'm thinking of getting her a used Sammy G whatever.

I've been using the LG for so long now, that I get lost using her Sammy phones. Nothings in the right place in my opinion.

So, thoughts? Why are you switching? Are you having problems with your G3? Or are you just enamored with a newer phone? I did this route last year (except the Sammy part.) After several phone switches, I came back to the G3. It work perfectly and the pother phones all had problems for me. So, I recommend against switching. I spent a lot of dough last year only to end up back where I started.
    03-03-2015 06:47 AM
    My wife has always had Sammy devices and she's lost using her G2 now. She's so lost, that I'm thinking of getting her a used Sammy G whatever.

I've been using the LG for so long now, that I get lost using her Sammy phones. Nothings in the right place in my opinion.

So, thoughts? Why are you switching? Are you having problems with your G3? Or are you just enamored with a newer phone? I did this route last year (except the Sammy part.) After several phone switches, I came back to the G3. It work perfectly and the pother phones all had problems for me. So, I recommend against switching. I spent a lot of dough last year only to end up back where I started.
    It seems like the only real difference I notice in G3 and Sammy devices is in the settings menu. Otherwise I use 3rd party launchers on both. I don't spend enough time in the settings menus to have it affect my enjoyment of the device but, yes, Sammy and LG menus look quite different. To me the difference is pleasant though.

📱6+🐜
    03-03-2015 07:46 AM
    I loved my S2 back in the day and I'll admit the S6 is the first Samsung device to really tempt me again. I think I'll wait and see what the G4/Z4 look like before making any final decisions.

03-03-2015 10:03 AM
    I don't quite understand why some people upgrade their phones every year and if you do upgrade, why not wait till half of the price has dropped? That mean like you would have to wait around half an year which is not that long time eh..
    03-03-2015 12:03 PM
    In truth, I doubt I'll buy an S6 or a G4, or any other of this year's phones. The improvements just aren't going to be that significant to daily use. The S7 and G5, and will be bigger jumps.
    I agree. Skipping every flagship model seems to be the best option. Unless you have money to burn and a tech addiction.

And how do you know the G4 will have a removable battery and SD slot?
    A very good question! As we've seen from past experiences, phone manufacturers make changes all the time, with no apparent reason or explanation.
    03-03-2015 12:26 PM
    I don't quite understand why some people upgrade their phones every year and if you do upgrade, why not wait till half of the price has dropped? That mean like you would have to wait around half an year which is not that long time eh..
    It's an addiction. You say things like, "Well if I sell my old phone, I can buy a new phone for the difference" to justify your purchase. Like I said, I went through 5 phones last year looking for that perfect phone. I found it, but it turned out to be 3 phones prior.

I started out last year on the Razr Maxx HD and it was really slow, laggy, and over-all not very responsive. I could have ROMed it and probably would have sped up, but I decided to go on a new phone hunt. As soon as the G3 starts lagging, I'll no doubt go on another cellphone hunt. I hate laggyness.
    03-03-2015 02:26 PM
    It's an addiction. You say things like, "Well if I sell my old phone, I can buy a new phone for the difference" to justify your purchase. Like I said, I went through 5 phones last year looking for that perfect phone. I found it, but it turned out to be 3 phones prior.

I started out last year on the Razr Maxx HD and it was really slow, laggy, and over-all not very responsive. I could have ROMed it and probably would have sped up, but I decided to go on a new phone hunt. As soon as the G3 starts lagging, I'll no doubt go on another cellphone hunt. I hate laggyness.
    You got a point, however in my opinion it's pointless to change phone every one year, no matter do you like it or not, I personally hate G3 battery life and I should have gone with another phone but I just decided to use this for the next 2-3 years until this start to be about dead.
    03-03-2015 02:36 PM
    You got a point, however in my opinion it's pointless to change phone every one year, no matter do you like it or not, I personally hate G3 battery life and I should have gone with another phone but I just decided to use this for the next 2-3 years until this start to be about dead.
    What do you do with your phone that results in bad battery life for your use if I may ask? Are you a moderate or heavy user? Do you use social media apps? Could it be possible that you have some rogue app thats draining your device? Battery life on the G3 isn't spectacular but its also not that bad. Standby time on the G3 is very good though!!
    03-03-2015 03:13 PM
    What do you do with your phone that results in bad battery life for your use if I may ask? Are you a moderate or heavy user? Do you use social media apps? Could it be possible that you have some rogue app thats draining your device? Battery life on the G3 isn't spectacular but its also not that bad. Standby time on the G3 is very good though!!
    Standby time is one of the best comparing to the other phones, it barely use any juice when you don't use it but what comes to my usage, it's social media such as FB, instagram and whatsapp. I also browse a lot of internet and sometimes listen spotify. I used to have LG G2 and it had twice better screen on time, I liked the phone but it got broken somehow and I was able to return it for free as the problem was not caused by myself. At the very moment G3 was on sale so I decided to change to this one. The max SOT what I have got is 4.5 hours, Galaxy S5 have around 6 hours and xperia Z2 8 hours. It's the 2K screen which is definitely taking most of the juice. At the end of the day my phone is pretty much drained so I decided to order a extended battery and see how that is going to work out.

It's going to be funny to see how new 2015 flagship phones is going to survive on battery tests, most of them is going to have 2K screen and G4 probably 3K screen, I think that G3 screen is poorly designed or the phone itself does not have that good power saving measures.
    03-03-2015 03:26 PM
43 12