tmo ota coming 4/7

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
i did a factory reset and then used lg backup/google to restore most of the apps and info. i don't know if i just need to wait it out and see if it takes, but i've already had to replace the battery twice for overheating issues so maybe it's just the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

You had to replace the batteries before the update - got ruined from heat? Also, from what I've read best practice is to first upgrade to Lollipop, then once that's the OS, restore to factory settings. And not always necessary to do factory reset / wipe the phone.

What kind of stuff are you doing on your phone? Mine doesn't overheat but the most taxing thing I do is watch a 720p movie, and the phone stays cool. I hope you get this resolved soon!

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
You had to replace the batteries before the update - got ruined from heat? Also, from what I've read best practice is to first upgrade to Lollipop, then once that's the OS, restore to factory settings. And not always necessary to do factory reset / wipe the phone.

What kind of stuff are you doing on your phone? Mine doesn't overheat but the most taxing thing I do is watch a 720p movie, and the phone stays cool. I hope you get this resolved soon!

i don't use my phone very heavily. just opening facebook will have the phone so hot that i have to turn it off and wait for it to cool down. i think rooting it and taking off the bloat will help a lot since that did the trick for 4.4.2.

ryan B1

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
i don't use my phone very heavily. just opening facebook will have the phone so hot that i have to turn it off and wait for it to cool down. i think rooting it and taking off the bloat will help a lot since that did the trick for 4.4.2.

Yes if your phone is rooted that could cause the over heating. Same with me when i had my g3 rooted would overheat every time. But the other thing unrooting could be a pain in the **** even if you factory reset your phone its still rooted! Heres a link how to fully unroot lg g3 it help me. http://www.androidrootz.com/2014/07/how-to-unroot-lg-g3-all-variants.html?m=1

milobramble

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Interesting...fortunately I have not had any of these issues with the update. The only thing that is taking me getting some used to is the Recent Apps.....instead of the thumbnails it now scrolls through. So far no complaints here.

mikebear

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My wife got her update on 4/7. I waited until 8/8, checking the stem update tool every couple of hours. Finally in the evening I went into the Google.services.framework app, did a clear data then force stop. when I checked for a system update after that, there it was. I've had 5.01 for almost a day.

Marco Magana

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
My wife got her update on 4/7. I waited until 8/8, checking the stem update tool every couple of hours. Finally in the evening I went into the Google.services.framework app, did a clear data then force stop. when I checked for a system update after that, there it was. I've had 5.01 for almost a day.

Tried this and not only did I not get the update but now I'm not getting push notifications. Anybody have a fix for this?

nodnarb1974

May 8, 2013
Visit site
No update yet here, tried to clear data like said but no change here. Ugh :(

If you cleared the google services framework be aware that a couple of us who have done it now have issues with receiving notifications. My gmail won't push now and I have to manually check.

Marco Magana

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Been following the T-Mobile twitter and seeing some of their replies to those asking about the update. They say they're rolling out the update in waves and we can expect to get all notification BETWEEN April 7th and MAY 22nd.

Marco Magana

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Finally got the notification for the update this morning and just got done updating it. It's been kind of buggy so far for me, a lot more lag than usual, Google play is having problems as well, and knock on is also having issues. Gonna factory reset in a little bit and see if it helps any of my issues and I'll post back if anything has changed.

me75006

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed, a few others have too, that after an update, there will be many apps that will want to go through their own updates, this can cause what you are seeing.

I suggest that you just let the phone stay on for 24 hrs, and let it gets all of its apps updated. Then see how its health is.

rantain

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
If you cleared the google services framework be aware that a couple of us who have done it now have issues with receiving notifications. My gmail won't push now and I have to manually check.

Add me to the list. I don't want to reset the phone just yet so if anybody has any suggestions. I've deleted the account and re-added the account, same issue. I've also cleared the data and the cache. I even went back to an older version of Gmail. Gmail will not sync automatically unless I do it manually.

nodnarb1974

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have also tried everything I can think of and still won't sync. Definitely learned a lesson of trying something I read on here. Still no lollipop update, so I'm just manually checking until I get the update and I can do a factory reset.

bongaroo

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Just had this notification pop up! Lollipop install about to commence.

Attachments

• 61157.jpg
    61157.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 50

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Got notification as well, in Chicago area. At work with no Wi-Fi so will wait until tonight when I'm at home to download. Hopefully no problems after update

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer