Switching from dalvik to ART on my LG G3 didn't optimize, why?

Lisa Hood1

May 14, 2015
Visit site
switching from dalvik to ART on LG G3 didn't "optimize"

I switched my lg g3 from Dalvik to ART hoping to make everything a little faster and run smoother but it definitely un-optimized my beloved g3. Should I just switch back to Dalvik or is there a next step I'm unaware of?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: switching from dalvik to ART on LG G3 didn't "optimize"

I switched my lg g3 from Dalvik to ART hoping to make everything a little faster and run smoother but it definitely un-optimized my beloved g3. Should I just switch back to Dalvik or is there a next step I'm unaware of?

With my S5, I never really noticed a difference in switching to ART, except some apps opened slower for me and it seemed to use more internal storage.

I never saw a good option in running ART, but others here might have e some more advice and a different experience.

Lisa Hood1

May 14, 2015
Visit site

The blog I was reading said art was like the holy grail if looking to "optimize" g3. Do u know of a reputable site that can more specifically help me with my want to "optimize". This is my first LG and only my 2nd android device. (I'm a retired BlackBerry girl)

Lisa Hood1

May 14, 2015
Visit site

I'm sure this is a fantastic site btw....just looking for more references to further my research into "optimize" lol

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Nope, you have done all you can. Some people report positive results, but personally i never experienced any difference other than the odd app crash. Rather stick with dalvik until you update to lollipop. ART was experimental on kit kat, but is the standard on lollipop.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure this is a fantastic site btw....just looking for more references to further my research into "optimize" lol

People talked about it on xda, but most people using it were generally running a rooted device with an Android L ROM. Like was said above, the difference could be KitKat. My Lollipop device runs ART, you don't have a choice and I'm not experiencing the issues I did with KitKat and ART.

xda forums have a lot of info, but they are very, very technically geared.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Just checking, but you're not on Verizon, are you? ART has issues on VZW.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

What are some of the issues on Verizon? It's not related to the WiFi sync issue is it?

Most that have tried ART on a VZW G3 have had weird problems. Horrible battery lost. All types of weird unexplainable problems and issues.

The Verizon LG G3 has problems with ART —*think twice before switching runtimes | Android Central

Now maybe it is working better with Lollipop. I never upgraded to lollipop and tried switching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty