Verizon update 7/10

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Nothing OTA or over the upgrade app. I see nothing about the WiFi-IPv6 sync issue in the release notes.

Provide Native "Interruptions" feature while maintaining LG UI component & label style.

On-going notification is provided when the device is either set to No interruptions or Priority Only.

Interruptions menu is added under the Quick settings

After a user is provisioned for Advanced Calling, HD Voice and Video calling options will be provided under

Advanced Calling setting.

If the user is not subscribed for LTE Video Calling, Video calling option will be given as disabled.

No mention of any bug fixes. The WiFi sync bug needs to be fixed. You guys who have had Verizon updates in the past, do they usually list bug fixes in their changelog-release notes?

Last edited:

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
So far so good. The WiFi sync bug has not reared its ugly head. All calls to hangouts coming in as well.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I left my work WiFi, and came back. Google notifications are still working, and calls are still ringing Hangouts. MS Outlook app notifications are also working.

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I got the update and my phone seems better - I don't use some of the features that others had issues with (hangouts, etc), but the phone after the update (without a factory reset) was cludgy at times - now it seems snappier! Definitely happy.

And BTW - I never authorized the upgrade to Lollipop - my phone just did it on its own!

Carne17

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone have issues with the reboot during/after the upgrade? I started updating mine and it said it would take about 17 minutes. After about 15 it started the normal reboot, and my main screen came up, but it seems like it has been restarting itself every few minutes, for about the last 45 minutes since then, and never quite gets to the point of syncing before rebooting and the Verizon screen popping up again. Thanks

thricetwice

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone have issues with the reboot during/after the upgrade? I started updating mine and it said it would take about 17 minutes. After about 15 it started the normal reboot, and my main screen came up, but it seems like it has been restarting itself every few minutes, for about the last 45 minutes since then, and never quite gets to the point of syncing before rebooting and the Verizon screen popping up again. Thanks

Mine has been stuck on the verizon logo for like 45 mins.

eddiea

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
This morning I received the update. The size was 197.5 MB. No change in the Build Number LRX21Y but different Software Version VS98524B and Security Software Version MDF v1.1 Release 3. My G3 still performs great.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
How's battery life with this build? I'm still on kit kat and my G3 works great, didn't want to ruin it with lollipop, but if all the bugs are worked out and battery life is decent I might consider it....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty