LG reception performance

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
How does LG compare to the others when it comes to signal reception? My recollection is that Samsung is at the back of the pack, and Motorola/Apple are at the front. Where does LG fall in there? Or maybe they've all improved to the point where there isn't much difference. I know some folks burn through phones on here like crazy, so wonder what the impressions are. I'm in a major metro area on Verizon, so there should be plenty of LTE signal to grab.

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My experience with my family (all on Verizon) is that the '13 Moto X, and a few Droid Turbos all get really good reception and the LG G2s and LG G3s got okay reception - defiantly not as good the the Motorola phones though. Don't know many people with Samsungs on Verizon, so not sure how Sammy compares with LG and Motorola.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Last Samsung I had sucked compared to my G2, one reason I went with LG to begin with. Also the wife has a iPhone 6 and at times they get the same and other times my LG is better, never the other way around. My LG also got better reception then my friend Druid Max. Yes all in Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Lg is pretty solid in reception,both my g2 and g3 were really good,but comparing to Motorola isn't fair....they are tops by mile.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Lg is pretty solid in reception,both my g2 and g3 were really good,but comparing to Motorola isn't fair....they are tops by mile.

Yeah, I guess my experience with LG's radios has been mostly in the boonies and that's where Motorola really shines.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My experience with Motorola on multiple devices is sub par,compared to my recent Samsung devices.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
My g3 was 4-7 dBm lower than my wife's iPhone and 2-3 than the s5 I played with at att store.
Which is great...would love to see someone talk about this on g4.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There were reports by some users of weak radio in the early days of the G3 and my own user tests of that against the other phones I was using then....Nexus 5 and Lumia 1020.... tended to confirm it, though not of consequence to me because I'm in a 4/5 bar area. LG may have addressed that in later production runs of the G3 and I doubt it will be a problem on the G4.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the VZW G2 and 3. Both are as good as my previous Motophones for reception (see siggy for all Moto products I've owned.). I also have an iPhone 6 Plus that I feel might get a little higher signal.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I had the G3. Reception was very good. I have, however, switched to the Motorola Droid Turbo. But besides a couple of odd software issues with the G3, it proved to be 5 notches above Samsung.