LG G4 Restarting

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
So I got my G4 on tuesday... then yesterday afternoon and this morning today It restarted by itself. Thats twice now in the span of 3 days.. Should I be alarmed about this and ask for a replacement? So far i dont see any issues.. no lag or hiccups.. altho it gets warm when downdloading a lot of stuff ( google play music to be specific)

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So I got my G4 on tuesday... then yesterday afternoon and this morning today It restarted by itself. Thats twice now in the span of 3 days.. Should I be alarmed about this and ask for a replacement? So far i dont see any issues.. no lag or hiccups.. altho it gets warm when downdloading a lot of stuff ( google play music to be specific)

Were you using the phone when it restarted? If so, did it freeze first and restart or just reboot? What were you doing at the time? If the phone was sitting idle, were you having it do anything in the background like downloading music/movies, etc? Just trying to get the full picture so we can help.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

There was a "forced" OTA update that caused rebooting. Could it be that?
"twice now in the span of 3 days" - I guess may not be an explanation.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Were you using the phone when it restarted? If so, did it freeze first and restart or just reboot? What were you doing at the time? If the phone was sitting idle, were you having it do anything in the background like downloading music/movies, etc? Just trying to get the full picture so we can help.

In the first restart.. I was just scrolling between my homescreen then it did freeze for like 3-5 secs and it restarts. Then the 2nd one was I was just browsing the internet normally and it restarted again. And yeah I wasnt downloading or listening to music that time.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
It could be that... but I already updated before the restart happens... I still have 12 days left to return the unit and ask for replacement so we'll see... It just odd that it happens with a new device like this.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset before exchanging. That's the first thing they'll ask. If it doesn't help then get a new one.

Which variant do you have?

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset before exchanging. That's the first thing they'll ask. If it doesn't help then get a new one.

Which variant do you have?

I factory reset the phone right after I got it.. So the restarting happens after the factory reset.. I have the At&t.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I went to at&t and got my replacement device. No more restarting, no more warming even with minimal use, and touch screen is more responsive now.

Posted via the Android Central App

mcirishman

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I hope I get this lucky. Going to go in to the shop where I bought it. Been having the same problem off and on for the past 3 weeks. I got rid of some apps which helped at first but then the problem started again. Freezing, restarting, not able to start, the "app optimizing" repeatedly.

Travis Nolen

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I was having the exact same issue with my lg g2, so I traded it in for the lg g4. In three days, the g4 did the same restart about five times at random intervals. A few during web browsing, once while driving with gps on, and once while composing a Facebook message. So I took that phone back today to get a replacement. It had been working good, but just restarted on its own a few minutes ago. However, it may have been an update, as it updated one app when it came back on. I'm hoping the issue is solved and I just had some poor luck. One thing to note: every time it has restarted, it doesn't go to the LG screen like a manual reboot would , but goes straight to the at&t screen instead. I'm running out of ideas on what to do if the issues persist. I tried factory resets multiple times without luck.