Battery drops 14% in 23 minutes

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
For those getting incredible battery life, can you please share your settings? I may have to return my phone if I'm getting comparatively horrible battery life. I'd love to hear from more Verizon users.

I have Verizon. I was getting just over 3 hours of screen time for the first 9 days or so. I did a factory reset and since then I've been getting around 4 to 4.5 hours of screen time. Same usage patterns. I'm not one of those people that says don't sync email, turn off GPS, put screen at 25%. I want to use the features and phone the way it was designed. I would say go into your apps an make sure there aren't notifications aren't on if you don't need them. Like weather or news apps. I keep my brightness at 75% most of the day.

Posted via the Android Central App

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon. I was getting just over 3 hours of screen time for the first 9 days or so. I did a factory reset and since then I've been getting around 4 to 4.5 hours of screen time. Same usage patterns. I'm not one of those people that says don't sync email, turn off GPS, put screen at 25%. I want to use the features and phone the way it was designed. I would say go into your apps an make sure there aren't notifications aren't on if you don't need them. Like weather or news apps. I keep my brightness at 75% most of the day.

I must have a bum phone then, can't think of any other reason. You're getting double my battery life. 75% screen brightness, auto or not auto?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Not auto. I can't use the auto. It's too dim in the day and too bright for me in dark rooms. I would try a factory reset or just exchange it if you can. I'm not getting near the battery life a lot of people report but if I get 4 to 4.5 I'm OK with that. I was on the fence about returning the phone when I was getting 3 to 3.5 hours. That's just not acceptable in my opinion.

blending juices

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like you weren't doing a whole lot better than me? Recommendations on another browser?

absolutely .. habit browser does the trick for me .. chrome, firefox, baidu, cm, opera, dolphin, to name a few, all gluttons for your resources .. then I discovered habit, and have not looked back.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Are people's SOT results on wifi or mobile network? Would that make much of a difference? When I got the 14% in 23 minutes result, I was on 4g, with brightness on auto 100%. I was also a passenger in a very brightly lit car. This evening I tried again, but on wifi this time. Brightness on auto 100% again, but sitting in a room at home with normal room lighting. This time I got 52 minutes of SOT before hitting 80%. So 20% in 52 minutes. Much better. Acceptable?

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Gsam shows my average on a full charge of 4 h 56 m (3 h 41 m max) SoT.

But it also shows overall battery life per full charge of only 9 h 28 M.

That doesn't mean anything, it changes as you start using your phone

Posted via the Android Central App on My T-Mobile LG G4

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Are people's SOT results on wifi or mobile network? Would that make much of a difference? When I got the 14% in 23 minutes result, I was on 4g, with brightness on auto 100%. I was also a passenger in a very brightly lit car. This evening I tried again, but on wifi this time. Brightness on auto 100% again, but sitting in a room at home with normal room lighting. This time I got 52 minutes of SOT before hitting 80%. So 20% in 52 minutes. Much better. Acceptable?

Battery Life will dip if the phone is searching for signals.

I average 3.5 hrs SoT with mixed use before the 15% warning hits