LG G4 Stuck on boot, how can I get it out of it?

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a LG G4 (from T-mobile) and it has been stuck in the boot screen where it says "LG Life is Good". It gives me that screen for couple seconds, goes black, and comes back to that screen again. It is continuously stuck in this loop, and the only way to get out of it is taking the battery off. The phone does not have any custom rom installed, everything is as it was from factory settings (including launchers etc.)

I have tried hard reset with button combination but did not work. Any suggestions?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG G4 Stuck on boot

So turning the phone off then pressing and holding volume down plus power button simultaneously doesn't take you to the bootloader?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site

So turning the phone off then pressing and holding volume down plus power button simultaneously doesn't take you to the bootloader?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Unfortunately, it does not

PS: Sorry for the duplicate response, I meant to add the quote to the other one, but I clearly failed...

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site

So did you take the battery out?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Yes, once it gets into the loop I need to take the battery out to actually turn off the phone. I then put the battery back in and try the hard reset, or any button combinations.

Eisen Berg

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Having this problem on my Nexus 5, Android 5.0 and up, now 5.1.1. Possibly something similar gping on with Android

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Tried to downloading the LG Support Tool and starting the phone in download mode (holding the up button), but the phone won't even stay in download mode, it still keeps looping after getting into download mode

maybish

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

What were you doing before you got the boot loop? You may have to get a replacement.

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site

What were you doing before you got the boot loop? You may have to get a replacement.

The phone was just sitting on the table, without anything running (just idle), and I picked it up to take a picture, pressed on the power button in the back to open it up and got greeted with the "LG Life is Good" screen looping over and over again

Mirest

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Took it to T-mobile and they ordered a new one (luckily I had their Jump insurance). Hoping to receive the new one in a day, since its showing as UPS next day shipping. Fingers crossed.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, but it seems like there isn't a solution at this point. Phone is officially bricked...

DaveKiser

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG G4 Stuck on boot, how can I get it out of if?

Same exact thing happened to mine today sitting idle on the desk. Replacing it with T-mobile.

ctscsq

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

same thing happened to me this morning. I took a photo, tried to attach to a text message, then it got stuck at the LG screen. Went to T-mo store and they promptly called and the replacement is on its way. Interestingly, they asked me to keep the back cover since warranty won't give me a new one...oh well. Now, I wonder if this is a LG software bug, or it is the Android issue?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I've not had this on my G4 (not yet, by the sounds of it it's coming to us all), but it happened my G2 before. After many tries I was able to get into the bootloader with the back button combination so keep trying. It's just really hard to hit it at the right spot when it's looping.

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

It happened to me and it didn't matter what I tried it was stuck there. I'm waiting on my replacement now from sprint.

Posted via the Android Central App

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site

Phone up and died this morning.. after it said it 'ran out of charge'. i recharged it.. came back to life, charged it @ the office and then it up and died in my coat pocket. No spare battery w/ me right now (its at home). Took it to VZW store and they are sending me a replacement phone. I've had this phone just a bit over 6 months. It responds via USB on my PC but no power led when charging. IT shows up as :

Forge HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM6) . This happens when the battery is removed.

The last thing I was doing on in it before it died was Facebook.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

mine died last night while I was deleting pictures.

tried to factory reset and it failed.. the batteries won't even work in them. Took it to T-Mobile and my batteries worked in their dummy phones but they couldn't figure out what was going on with mine.. so I just upgraded to the V10... so sad to leave the g4