Will the G4 get Android M?

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
AT&T started receiving L on the G3 around February 10. No reason to think M won't hit the G4 in the January/February window.

Thanks. I haven't been an LG user for years, just came back. With the Galaxy s5, they were horrible with updates. I'm glad it's not the same across the board.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I guess if Xmas moves to January or February that will be accurate.

You really think we will have Android M on our carrier managed G4s within 4 - 5 months? (Jan/Feb of 2016?)

I'm sure gambling is discouraged on AC, but I'd be willing to bet you 20 "Thanks" and 10 "Likes" it won't be ready by then. 😉

Hey tourbound, guess I owe you "20 Thanks and 10 Likes".

Not sure if this is how I should pay you, but....

Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks

Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like

😊😀😁😃😄😉

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey tourbound, guess I owe you "20 Thanks and 10 Likes".

Not sure if this is how I should pay you, but....

Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks

Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like

😊😀😁😃😄😉

Ha ha very nice! Glad to see things progressing along with the G4 now that I don't have it anymore.

Catalin Esanu

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have an unlocked H815T (with Android 5.1) and I live in Togo, Africa.
OTA it says that I have the latest version, but on LG Bridge there is an update available of 1.6GB, which is v10e, that I already have. I installed it successfully several times, but it still shows up.
My question is "wtf?"

Posted via the Android Central App

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
if you open the app and select the gear icon on the top left and then the 16:9 icon, you will see that UHD (4K) is available for video

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's there... I updated my wife's G4 last night and there's a UHD option.

And it's now as easy as a Nexus to unlock the bootloader and root, if you have an unlocked model (T-Mobile and international)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
By the way.... I've been checking in on the newly upgraded G4 from time to time. They definitely cleaned up some of the rough edges in the UI... it looks nearly the same as 5.1, but it runs better. Animations are a bit smoother, fewer frame drops when moving around the interface, etc... all in all running smoother. No issues, no qonky FCs, hanging apps, etc... upgrade went smooth as silk.

Battery usage is hard to gauge. My wife really doesn't change her habits, so she's getting about the same usage every day, but I can see Doze extending the amount of time she'd have to throw it on the charger... Idle consumption has dropped considerably, so she doesn't have to charge it nearly as often now.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure I read (can't find the link right now) that the G4 will not be getting N.

Really? That's another disappointing development. With the G3 is slated to get 6.0 this month... I was hoping that means that LG is sticking to the 'two back' rule when it comes to updates.

Lisandro Reynoso

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Really? That's another disappointing development. With the G3 is slated to get 6.0 this month... I was hoping that means that LG is sticking to the 'two back' rule when it comes to updates.

I don't think LG won't stick to the "two years of updates" policy. Everyone is doing so (and they did for the G3)