Occasionally can't connect to camera?

Rafi Z

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a practically brand new LG G4 but occasionally it just decides it can't connect to the camera, I press okay it takes me back to the lockscreen and then I swipe to access the camera and it works. It doesn't happen now obviously it only happens at the most inconvenient times, and it's only temporary, but could there be a bigger problem that's behind it?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the G4 forum. :)

Have you tried Safe Mode, to test whether a third-party app may be causing trouble?

If that makes no difference, a Factory Reset may be worth trying. It's a hassle, but the only way of finding out whether that would fix it is to try.

Of course it could be a hardware problem, but in that case the warranty would take care of it.

Posted via the Android Central App

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a practically brand new LG G4 but occasionally it just decides it can't connect to the camera, I press okay it takes me back to the lockscreen and then I swipe to access the camera and it works. It doesn't happen now obviously it only happens at the most inconvenient times, and it's only temporary, but could there be a bigger problem that's behind it?

Try doing a force stop of the camera app and clear the app's data.

Also does it only happen when using it from the lockscreen swipe feature? The one time I had happen what you describe (can't connect to the camera message) was when I was using the "double tap volume down" method of launching the camera... over and over again. I tried rebooting, didn't work. Then I cleared the camera app data and it was OK.