Camera Flicker

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi All
I have a Pixel 8 pro that I purchased from Verizon on release day. Does or has anyone experienced a flicker when viewing pics that you just took in the Photos app? I can't really tell you what mode I had the camera in when taking pics but when I go to view them, I see brief screen flicker that is just annoying. I have all of my photos that I took with my last Samsung S21 and my other phones before that and when I view those pics, they are perfect. This is only happening to the pics that I take with the pixel.

Other strange thing is that it does not happen when I view all pics, only some of the ones that I just took. Would anyone suspect this to be a hardware defect or something in the software that may be addressed. I just got the phone a few weeks ago so I have 30 days with Verizon and not sure if at this point I want to take it back and exchange it or if it is software related if it will be addressed with an update. I can live with it if I know if will eventually be taken care of with software.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I notice a brief flicker or brightening of the photo when opening a shot either in the camera app's gallery or in Photos. I just assumed it's the processing that's done to make the pictures look as good as they do. Although it's a bit odd that this happens every time you open the given picture.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Not a good thing that you have experienced it too, but at the same I know that I am not alone with this. As I said it only happens with photos that I took with the 8 pro. All of my other photos on the phone are totally fine. Even so, it doesn't happen to all of the new pics that I take. Trying to see if I notice a pattern or if the cam is in a certain mode when this happens, so will try that next. I am really hoping it is a software thing that will be ironed out. Just the thought of having to return it and get a new one is aggravating although my transfer from my S21 to Pixel 8 was quick, easy and painless

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
This is very helpful. Since I have been reading that Google is in the process of a new photo app, maybe this will be addressed. Seems like this is something that users other then myself are experiencing as well.