Just got my G4

HKPhooey

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi guy's

Issues i have are the LED notifications which is very important to me... I am replacing my Samsung S5 i need these to work. Also vibrate!! i don't get this when i receive emails etc. Very unimpressed at the moment . I am on MM so might revert back but sure i didn't get them before.

DCTF

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Strange - mine was irritating me at first with how many notifications were set to make sound/vibration by default, until I'd tracked them all down and disabled them.

Did you get your unit brand new, or second-hand? If it's the latter, perhaps a backup and factory reset would be a good idea.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Most notifications are set in the apps themselves. For example, there's a vibrate option in the stock email app that you can turn on and off, not via a system wide setting. So check your app settings for their respective notification options.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Strange - mine was irritating me at first with how many notifications were set to make sound/vibration by default, until I'd tracked them all down and disabled them.

Yeah, me too, almost made me throw it through the wall. You have gone into Sound and Notifications settings right?

HKPhooey

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
REALLY guy's??? im in the UK brand new vodafone model... Software version V20d-234-15. I am really getting fed up now only had it couple of days lol. Really need help with this as it a nice phone.

DCTF

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Alright, calm down! We're not staff.

I've only had my G4 for a few days (UK too), and it's my first Android, so all I can tell you is that you want to do what I did except in reverse. Only some of the notification options I needed to find were in the LG settings - most were in each individual app. Certainly, email notifications were inside the apps. I put Nova Launcher on almost immediately and never used the LG Email, so I went straight to GMail/Google Inbox and Outlook for my Gmail and Live mail. If you haven't tried those yet, try installing the Gmail app to see if you get vibration alerts on new mails with that.

It's definitely not a factor of the G4 itself - this phone is not designed to skimp on notifications, either by LED, sound, or vibration. If you can't find the answers quickly by investigating your menus, it's possible that unit has a problem. If you have a Vodaphone shop nearby, perhaps the quickest solution is to take it in there and talk to the staff.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So you need it to vibrate and led on when you receive and email?

Settings
Sound and notifications

Halfway down there are settings for vibrate and LED

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
So you need it to vibrate and led on when you receive and email?

Settings
Sound and notifications

Halfway down there are settings for vibrate and LED

Email settings are different then basic settings - Open your Email click settings >click on primary Email account >Inbox Sound &VibrateScreenshot_2016-01-28-11-19-01.jpgScreenshot_2016-01-28-11-19-07.jpg

cribble2k

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I chose to use the Light Flow app to control the sound,led and vibration. Yes, I bought the pro version, and I'm rooted, which may make a difference, I'm not sure.

It's also worth mentioning that on the G4, the led only works with the screen off. If you are expecting to see the led when testing notifications, you will be disappointed.

Posted via the Android Central App

HKPhooey

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Cheers guys

Yes i have now changed the email through the gmail app it vibes but sooooooo weak defo no LED's working when screen off. I work in a office environment so this is very important for my phone i have never had one that has been as bad as this for set up. Whatsapp also will not work. I have seen the light app might try that but WOW never had to buy or download apps to make stock simple stuff like this to work. The only LED that works consistently id the very annoying one that flashes when i unlock the screen typical.....

HKPhooey

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I chose to use the Light Flow app to control the sound,led and vibration. Yes, I bought the pro version, and I'm rooted, which may make a difference, I'm not sure.

It's also worth mentioning that on the G4, the led only works with the screen off. If you are expecting to see the led when testing notifications, you will be disappointed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes bud defo screen off, my Samsung S5 worked flawlessly out of the box and the vibrate and LED is suoerb really gutted about this phone as i wanted it to work as the camera is great

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo