Still got the problem with Notifications.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.
Does anyone on here still get this problem receiving notifications from apps like (emails/eBay/WhatsApp/Amazon )and a few more on S21 ultra.
Text and calls are fine,i have tried every setting possible,in the process for the 3rd time and a full reset.
It's like they're waiting for me to unlock the phone, then the phone goes made with them.
I'm on my old 12 pro max iPhone which don't have this problem at all, but i was looking at an S23 ultra but holding back as don't want this on that one.
I have put one on here before with no joy,i have tried every setting possible from sleeping apps/battery stuff/locked screen setting and more.
I have just changed onto EE with 5G for a better signal, which it is a lot better,i mean 5G signal when on Virgin mobile which i was on very low 4G.

Thanks.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
"Still get this problem with receiving notifications".

What exactly is "this" problem? You haven't actually described what you expect and how it doesn't meet that expectation.

I have a Samsung S20 FE, and for the apps that I allow to send notifications, they all work as expected.

My emails are immediate as they are exchange accounts set to "push" so my phone gets them within seconds of my PC. But that's pretty much the only app I need anything from immediately. All other apps are like news apps and my bank app. They seem fine to me. I use very few social media apps, and any notifications are turned off from them anyways.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I have said what goes on, i don't get notifications from what i have listed above until i unlock the phone.
Then they all come at once,like they're waiting there.
What i expect... The notifications not to stack up waiting,i have tried every setting possible in months and months of trying even full reset as i have done yet again,going to put apps back one by one.
if i had to pick 4 main apps i use it's Gmail/eBay/Amazon and the one i use a lot is WhatsApp.
WhatsApp being i volunteer for mental health groups and i rely on communication through that for cancellations and more as we use group chat.
I had to use my iPhone which i hate but i dont have much choice.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was mentioning on another Forum post this has been a problem for some over the years on different Samsung devices without a solution, I know everyone case could be different but check if any of these are on the device.

VPN
App cleaners
Antivirus
Ad blocker
Malwarebytes

Those have known to cause some of those issues.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me sometimes: I get the notification when I should but when I turn on the screen/unlock the phone, I get all my notifications again. It doesn't happen a lot but I noticed it the other day.