Problems with settings on new LG G4 with facebook, contacts, and photos

ryanandree

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Forgive me if I have multiple posts, but I am trying to set my phone up as it was before being replaced. I don't remember if I did anything special with my last phone, but regardless, I would like it set up the same way.

First of all, I am having trouble syncing my facebook contacts to my contact list. I used a 3rd party app which allows the pictures to show up, but I cannot open the contact and automatically link to their facebook page or gallery. Does anyone know how to fix this? If anything shows up, it is code written about facebook under notes section.

Also, when I open a photo in the gallery, I am no longer given the edit tool to make changes? Any ideas why this is? Until today, I was having trouble with editing then saving the photo. Now I cannot edit it at all.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Carl_L

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Dunno about the photo thing, I get the edit tool OK, so no idea what's causing you problems.

In regards to Facebook, there have been several changes to FB recently as they increasingly claim ownership of everything, which could possibly be the reason your 3rd party app no longer works. They used to have their own export tool for contacts but this has now been withdrawn - think they're saying 'it's my ball & you're not playing' - plenty of people not happy about it.

Realistically, how many of your Facebook contacts do you actually phone? I went through the tedious process of manually saving either the profile pic or a selected pic from the account of each of the friends I regularly contact & updated each of my contacts that way.

ryanandree

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. That is irritating, but at least I understand my trouble now. I did not realize that the phone numbers for some of my contacts were through facebook and not saved to phone, so that is one issue. The other is that it was a nice feature to open a contact from the phone and be able to immediately access their page and photo gallery. Neither of these issues are of major importance, but they were both practical and helpful.