LG G5 or HTC 10

citronbull

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm deciding which one to get for my daughter since they are about the same price. I know more about LG since I have a V20 right now.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That boils down to this.

Does your daughter take a lot of photos or listen to a lot of music?

If it's the former, the G5's wide-angle secondary camera would be a fun thing to have. If it's the latter, the 10's beefy audio hardware will do the job very well.

Quite honestly, I prefer the 10. The G5 was good if not for its modular failure.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried to the HTC 10 and while I think it's a great phone and certainly feels premium...I preferred the G5.

I really do like the DAC on the HTC 10 but I don't have any great headphones to use it with. Plus the volume on the G5's admittedly lower quality speaker just trounces the 10.

Also I have polarized glasses and it is really annoying to use in portrait mode in sunlight. How HTC messed that up is beyond me.

I feel they are about even on system responsiveness and the cameras are close but I give the edge to the G5 and use the wide angle a lot. It's just another thing that's nice to have.

I also appreciate the lighter frame of the G5 and the build materials are holding up well so far. I've been caseless since I got it 6 months ago and it's looking decent.

I also like having an IR blaster even though I don't use it a ton. it's nice to have in a few situations (at the bar and want to change the channel? no problem. Girlfriend's house and she lost the remote again? no problem)

I personally think the G5 is a hugely underrated phone that the tech community was too harsh on. Yeah the friends modules were a dud but as a phone this thing stands on its own.

With the G6 and V30 moving to non-removable batteries...the G5 is the last of its breed.

The G6 is coming down in price fast thanks to low demand so I figure I could scoop one of those up in a few months for cheap. I think that looks like another solid phone from LG.

Oh and I should mention I missed the always on display. I got used to being able to see the time and notifications without turning the phone on. It also has a multi colored notification light that is easy to see from across the room.

Ok I'm done now 😣

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty