thinking of buying the g6, worries

pruks

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys, so as i said im thinking of buying the G6. My problem is that i just want a great camera phone. Im very worried about the selfie quality since everybody is saying its bad. Ive had the G4 but sadly it bootlooped, and i think both cameras on it were great. Do you think i should buy the g6 or rather buy the s8 or something else, because camera is very important to me. Thank you. Also some selfie shots would be nice if you have them

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, so as i said im thinking of buying the G6. My problem is that i just want a great camera phone. Im very worried about the selfie quality since everybody is saying its bad. Ive had the G4 but sadly it bootlooped, and i think both cameras on it were great. Do you think i should buy the g6 or rather buy the s8 or something else, because camera is very important to me. Thank you. Also some selfie shots would be nice if you have them
The normal camera is pretty good, but the front camera definitely took a step backward from the G4. It's pretty rubbish if you ask me. But then again, I don't use it

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Have been using G6 since April... The back camera is superb... And yes front camera is avg... But in day light it's good and wide angle is too good it's only in low light it suffers.. For nights I use selfie light as no camera is really good or I use inbuilt screen flash that is great

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Copy paste of my opinion of G6, and front camera is very poor..

Hmm, i can tell you my overall experience with G6 switched from iOS to android didn't have much money so i bought the G3 was thinking to go back to iPhone but i wanted to give one more chance to Android and LG since i falled in love with it..<br />
<br />
So for the G6 the battery life has been great so far with 5-7 SoT with 1 charge ofc depending on the usage of the phone. Fast charging could be better ( by that i mean faster ) it goes from 0-100% for like 1h and 30-40min but im okay with that... And i love the way the G6 isn't overheating during usage and charging unlike for ex. mine G3 which was burning..<br />
<br />
So il continue with the display, display is for me pretty great, people find it strange but i don't like amoled and samsung and their touchwiz that's why i didn't even consider in buying the S8/+.. The G6 has a great display the colors are bright and loveable, kinda got used to the 18:9 ratio and it's well nothing special but awesome. The always on, on the other hand well unless you are using it at night or in dark areas, it is pretty pointless during sunny days.. And during the night it's not so bright like on amoled displays but it's okay if you are user like me that has all notification sounds off and misses the led notification.<br />
<br />
The camera is pretty good considering we are tallong about phone camera not dslr.. And both main and wide angle have been doing great job for me so far with nice exposure, texture and overall experience and the enhancement in camera app unlike on the older G series phones. Front camera on the other hand well if you are a selfie maniac i should suggest you skip the G6, front camera is well 6/10 from me with not so great quality and texture of the photos, but hey i don't care about it. So no big deal for me 😜<br />
<br />
Fingerprint scanner is good, but not as fast as on the other devices in the current flagship series, my brother has Honor 8, and his fingerprint sensor unlocks the phone instantly you put your finger on it but again something that doesn't bother me but might someone else like the front camera. <br />
<br />
Speaker si very loud and crisp unlike the few reviews i saw, were people were complaining about main speaker that it's not loud. It's okay and you can hear everything great and overall the phone is waterproof so maybe that's why it sound a bit silenced well they need to protect it.<br />
<br />
What i miss the most is that they replaced volume buttons on the side, i missed them being around camera it was so great and natural but again fu*k it IP68 😜 the buttons are great all though when you pressed them they kinda feel like they have some space around them and they kinda feel fragile but that's just a feeling im getting..<br />
<br />
The phone speaker is great and loud, voice of the person you talk with is crisp aswell but i sometimes do hear some background noises so idk what else to say on that..<br />
<br />
User experience on G6 so far has been great i love their UI, for me the LG has the best smartphone keyboard on market for years so far.. I had few laggs after switching or leaving some apps, but it seems like these are just some bugs that can be fixed with some future update.<br />
Everything else is working fast and smoothly.<br />
<br />
Here on Europe we have very hot summers so my G3 for example for staying in standby and only in my pocket was having temperatures that goes 44+ celsius, and the G6 on the other hand on the direct sun and usage on it don't goes over 38 celsius, and average temp of the phone is 34. How much is that in kelvin idk 100 kelvin is 0 celsius so you can calculate it for yourself i'm lazy about that haha...<br />
<br />
So for the end i have some friends that are having the S8 but honestly how much i do miss the led notification, the SP835 on the G6 i would still go for it over the S8, i absolutely love the phone and i'm glad i bought it over the S8 and iPhone 7.<br />
<br />
And idk where are you all from i guess USA but here in Europe you can find the G6 with no contract and provider for like 450-500$ so that's pretty okay price i would say for a great phone. And honestly i think that after the G2 this is their first phone series that is so far worth buying. If you have any other questions feel free to ask, because idk what else to say or comment about it, sorry if my english is bad it's not my main language.. 😁

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't use any of the cameras often but the front does look a bit meh... Still think the g6 is a better phone overall compared to the s8 not just as a phone but for pictures aswell since it has 2 back sensor (wide angle and normal zoomed in) and you could probably take your selfies with those instead (g6 has gesture to take photos).

dorelse

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm also looking to switch off of iOS (I'm a Win10 Mobile refugee)...lots of Android experience so no worries there, but is the camera able to take motion shots now? It would seem from the picture thread that's been an issue?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't use any of the cameras often but the front does look a bit meh... Still think the g6 is a better phone overall compared to the s8 not just as a phone but for pictures aswell since it has 2 back sensor (wide angle and normal zoomed in) and you could probably take your selfies with those instead (g6 has gesture to take photos).
Having both, I would disagree. I like the G6 better for certain things and S8+ better for certain things. Neither phone is better than the other but one may be better suited for a certain person. Everyone uses their devices differently so what is better for you may not be better for OP.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Of course, it won’t be as good as a standalone camera, since it’s a phone and not a professional Canon camera

You can always take a selfie with the back camera, though.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Having both, I would disagree. I like the G6 better for certain things and S8+ better for certain things. Neither phone is better than the other but one may be better suited for a certain person. Everyone uses their devices differently so what is better for you may not be better for OP.
Indeed i agree i was stating my own opinion there since I've used both the s8 and g6.

pruks

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I guess ill have to see for myself. Ive seen some reviews, somewhere it looks bad, somewhere avg, somewhere good. Probably not everyone sets it to 4:3, 5MP, wide setting, which should be the best pic you can get. I think the nighttime selfies are genuinely bad so id forgive the G6 that one.

pruks

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sure, im not crazy :D I use the camera mostly on trips and dont think that i need or would carry the professional one. So im looking for somethinkg good for 'out of the pocket' shooting. Also, nice advice for selfies

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Sure, im not crazy :D I use the camera mostly on trips and dont think that i need or would carry the professional one. So im looking for somethinkg good for 'out of the pocket' shooting. Also, nice advice for selfies
This phone has a good camera.. Some people get better shots than others.. Could be hardware, could be the photographers eye. But to each his own.. No other company has effectively impressed me with their cameras since LG rolled out their manual settings.

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
I thought the front camera sucks, or maybe it's just me being beautiful hahahahaha ( sarcasm ).
There you go, you judge the quality.. I am on my way to work so i took this while driving in tram. Light ambient is okay it's 7:30 a.m. and already hot as hell god i hate summer... 😂😢

a52ca883fbb6ad5c20611021e173bbd0.jpg

pruks

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I thought the front camera sucks, or maybe it's just me being beautiful hahahahaha ( sarcasm ).
There you go, you judge the quality.. I am on my way to work so i took this while driving in tram. Light ambient is okay it's 7:30 a.m. and already hot as hell god i hate summer... 😂😢

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170719/a52ca883fbb6ad5c20611021e173bbd0.jpg

yeah, you can say that it is "just ok" but i think it will do the work. Especially with that wide angle lens. Thanks a lot. Btw, where are you from, Germany?

devaa

Banned
Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Hahahaha you have some manual settings in front camera. But it's average quality, yeah the best part is you have wide angle on front aswell.. Noup i'm from Croatia. Unfortunately

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! If you're looking for a great camera phone, Samsung has you covered. But, the HTC U11 also has a great camera. My recommendation to you is to go to your carrier's store/a store that carries the G6 and give its camera an inperson test run! That way, you can form your own views on it and will be able to make a more personal decision. Good luck! :) Let us know what you decide!

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello! If you're looking for a great camera phone, Samsung has you covered. But, the HTC U11 also has a great camera. My recommendation to you is to go to your carrier's store/a store that carries the G6 and give its camera an inperson test run! That way, you can form your own views on it and will be able to make a more personal decision. Good luck! :) Let us know what you decide!

Imho any and most likely every smartphone coming out these days as a good camera there's no huge difference like there used to. Most camera can easily get the job done (after all they're no dslr replacement) For your everyday use you'll be served quite well with any camera.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Imho any and most likely every smartphone coming out these days as a good camera there's no huge difference like there used to. Most camera can easily get the job done (after all they're no dslr replacement) For your everyday use you'll be served quite well with any camera.

Absolutely! Any smartphone out there nowadays has a good camera. I'm not a huge camera buff and I find myself satisfied with camera experiences on all of my phones haha. My G3 didn't have the best quality but it still for the job. My Honor 8, on the other hand, is great! What kind of phone do you have?

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely! Any smartphone out there nowadays has a good camera. I'm not a huge camera buff and I find myself satisfied with camera experiences on all of my phones haha. My G3 didn't have the best quality but it still for the job. My Honor 8, on the other hand, is great! What kind of phone do you have?

Well the g6 of course XD i did mostly use samsung's phone before though (came from note 4 to s8+ and now a g6) barely ever use cameras myself but i don't really have any reason to anyway.

pruks

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

There is no HTC U11 that doesnt come with a carrier package in my country, and if there is the price is 700e, while i can find the g6 for 440e, and the s8 600. Thank you, ill make sure to post some pics if i buy the g6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer