05-15-2018 12:21 AM
58 123
tools
    The G7 isn't on that list.
    It doesn't. That link he posted does prove my point that he's mistaken that smaller battery and brighter display automatically means shorter battery life though.
    gendo667 and ffejjj like this.
    05-14-2018 09:51 AM
    05-14-2018 05:40 PM
    Here, the Android Authority review is out. They have the battery score a 7.5 of 10. Average. A little over 4 hours of SOT. Average for that size battery. Not bad. Average. I'll say it again, it depends on user case. I'm good with 4 hours SOT and a lot of people are, too. If you need more, look elsewhere. It doesn't mean it's a bad phone.

https://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g7-review-860652/
    The battery life got the lowest score in that review. It's a terrible battery. A phone that size should not have average battery life.

This is what they say about the battery:
    Regardless, the G7 ThinQ can last a full day but only into the early evening. It’s not going to get you into the late night hours without a recharge unless your usage is kept fairly light. If you’re a big mobile gamer or you stream a lot of content on your device, expect to charge the G7 ThinQ at least once throughout the day.
    I will be looking elsewhere.
    05-14-2018 07:29 PM
    The LG V30 has a 3300mah battery the same as the Note 8 and even smaller than that of the S7 Edge but it lasts longer than it... You know why? Because it's software is optimized. The V30 has one of the best battery life of any flagship phone and it doesn't even have a 4000mAh battery. Why? Because of optimization. For you to say LG has terrible optimization makes me question have you ever even used a recent LG flagship device? And if so for how long? Everyone that I see that talks about the V30 says it runs almost flawlessly (maybe a hiccup when launching the camera or something minor like that) and has excellent battery life. (For a phone that has a 6in. P-OLED display and only a 3300mAh battery) The battery comparisons are already on YouTube if you don't believe me. Also Pocketnow reviewer Jaima Rivera has already did a comparison between the S9 and the G7 and even thought they have similar battery sizes and bright displays the G7 undoubtedly has better battery life for him. Why? Because of SOFTWARE OPTIMIZATION.
    The V30 has a P-OLED display, the same display in the Pixel 2 XL, which also has fantastic battery life. The display in the G7 is an LCD. There's a huge difference between the two.
    05-14-2018 07:34 PM
    The LG G7 has one of the worst battery life on that list. The only device that it has better battery life than is the LG G6.
    05-14-2018 07:38 PM
    The LG G7 has one of the worst battery life on that list. The only device that it has better battery life than is the LG G6.
    It's what's expected from a battery that size. Same with the S9 and the S8 that I'm currently using. It works for me and many others.

Cheers.
    05-14-2018 07:52 PM
    It also has one of the smallest batteries on that list. So it's to be expected to be on the lower end.

In the end battery life is not terrible. It's as expected with a phone of that battery size. The only reason the S9 outlasts it is because they used an LCD screen.
    05-14-2018 11:30 PM
    The V30 has a P-OLED display, the same display in the Pixel 2 XL, which also has fantastic battery life. The display in the G7 is an LCD. There's a huge difference between the two.
    If you didn't know this let me inform you... The typical Amoled panel consumes more power than a typical LCD panel... And that still doesn't explain how the S7 Edge (bigger battery and smaller display) gets worse battery life than the V30. It's optimization...
    05-15-2018 12:21 AM
58 123