Show off your G7 ThinQ Pictures!

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I get a new device, I typically put the camera through the paces and show everyone on the forum what it's capable of. Mine arrives Saturday so I'll definitely be in this thread a lot! :)

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's a few....
b6afa772d42e94e41518e1bff387867d.jpg
6bd61729b8522dd4b24d57770d20170c.jpg
335224f0380c97dd5e167c6881d5e606.jpg

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm just so proud of LG finally stepping up their selfie game. I don't have the G7 but at least it's an option now after I tried it out today at T-Mobile. The portrait mode works so well and the details are all there without over doing it.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Didn't get a chance to shoot under decent light but grabbed a quick vid. Surprisingly bright considering that it was actually 7:40pm and getting dark. It was too dark to get blur-free snaps on the moving koi so I'll try photos tomorrow.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Decided to see how much it could handle in terms of high movement in low light. Though this shot was blurry in point-and-shoot so I went into manual setting and a quick toggle of ISO and shutter got rid of the blur. This cam can be VERY fast and handle exceptionally low light, so don't be afraid to go manual. They've made it pretty easy and you can leave focus and white bal in auto.
There is grain because it was 5:30am and the light was MUCH lower that the pic would have you believe. This isn't supposed to be a showcase shot. I just posted it because I'm surprised I was able to get a clean photo while they were in their early AM "feeding frenzy".
20180611_054116~2.jpg

Notes abt the cam so far; reds are vibrant but accurate in manual, slightly pushed in HDR. Greens are true, not saturated like in the S9. Blue and yellow seem true so far. The cam grabs light like mad, sometimes at the cost of richness so be careful when in auto mode, which seems to be designed to make everything bright and social media-ready (not a bad thing, but not always what you want). The cam is stellar in a dimly lit room (average home environment) so pics of family and pets are captured very well. This is nice because 90% of my pics are random things that happen at home ("oh that's cute, better take a pic!")

Last edited:

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm going to forego waiting on a future flagship and just get the G7 this weekend. I've seen some great results thus far with it and I'm really impressed by the front facing camera which I never have personally on an LG phone.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm going to forego waiting on a future flagship and just get the G7 this weekend. I've seen some great results thus far with it and I'm really impressed by the front facing camera which I never have personally on an LG phone.

I was in the same boat but I'm glad I went ahead with the G7. Had I waited, that would be 6 months or so of missing out on amazing audio, a screen that's very easy on the eyes, and an overall great experience. Then, I can upgrade in a year if I need without feeling like, "I just got a new phone a few months ago".
Also, I prefer to upgrade when the makers are doing the major upgrades, not when they're doing the slightly updated versions of last year's phone.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I was in the same boat but I'm glad I went ahead with the G7. Had I waited, that would be 6 months or so of missing out on amazing audio, a screen that's very easy on the eyes, and an overall great experience. Then, I can upgrade in a year if I need without feeling like, "I just got a new phone a few months ago".
Also, I prefer to upgrade when the makers are doing the major upgrades, not when they're doing the slightly updated versions of last year's phone.
Yeah I was trying to wait it out and get a phone that I really wanted but this budget phone experiment is growing old fast mostly due to the 1.5gb of RAM. I have come to the harsh realization that it's not enough. I can't even run a music service like Spotify or YouTube Music while driving for Lyft or Uber and that's where the real issues began. So I really just need a little more right now since the things I thought were really quite basic are too much for this phone. Using the LG Aristo. I have the Galaxy S9+, V40, and Pixel 3 at the top of my list right now and I would like to keep my next phone for a minimum of two years.

Last edited:

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well their reply if really genuine leaves the possibility open for this to be enabled. I would like to see it happen.
8c7936dd5bc31f22be107dbf1b5a02c6.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Good on you for trying and following up, I didn't expect anything else from twitter customer service who probably don't even know much about the phone. Inform the developer? Yeah there is one developer sitting and doing all this . Pretty sure the engineering team have their reasons for leaving this out.

Here is my guess, I'll be highly skeptical that they will enable in future updates. Rather they will use that as a feature in the next phone they will release. Hopefully, that's not the case we will see.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Good on you for trying and following up, I didn't expect anything else from twitter customer service who probably don't even know much about the phone. Inform the developer? Yeah there is one developer sitting and doing all this . Pretty sure the engineering team have their reasons for leaving this out.

Here is my guess, I'll be highly skeptical that they will enable in future updates. Rather they will use that as a feature in the next phone they will release. Hopefully, that's not the case we will see.
True I don't have a ton of confidence in LG pushing out meaningful camera updates but it would be nice to see since it's fully capable and the sole flagships without this feature in 2018. I'm tired of this "set it and forget it" mentality. There are no excuses but I'll wait and see.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez