How do I send a plain text Email in Android?

Lex Ward

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
how do I send a plain text Email in Android

I recently purchased an LG L33L Android (5.0.1) phone. I set up my EMail account, which is a POP system (I do not use gmail). Everything seems to work fine, except that the Email messages I send with the built in Email app are in HTML. Many of my recipients cannot read HTML Email messages.

I have looked at the settings, but cannot find any place where I have a choice between plain text and HTML. I have searched this forum, as well as an internet search, and found nothing. The manual for the phone does not even describe HTML or plain text.

Just to confuse things, the phone's build in messaging system sends plain text, but the built in Quick Memo+ sends HTML.

Can someone help me on this?

Lex

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do I send a plain text Email in Android

I recently purchased an LG L33L Android (5.0.1) phone. I set up my EMail account, which is a POP system (I do not use gmail). Everything seems to work fine, except that the Email messages I send with the built in Email app are in HTML. Many of my recipients cannot read HTML Email messages.
Look in the settings of your email app - there should be a way to turn that off. (If there isn't, it's a VERY badly written app, and I'd use a different one.)

(QuickMemo+ doesn't create files that are supposed to be sent to other phones - you use them on the phone you write them on. If you want a text app for notes, try Simple Notepad.)

Lex Ward

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Look in the settings of your email app - there should be a way to turn that off. (If there isn't, it's a VERY badly written app, and I'd use a different one.)

If there is a way in Settings, I can't find it. The app is what came installed on the phone. I assumed it was the standard Email app for all Android phones, but maybe not.

(QuickMemo+ doesn't create files that are supposed to be sent to other phones - you use them on the phone you write them on. If you want a text app for notes, try Simple Notepad.)

Thanks for the clarification. I'll look into Simple Notepad.

Lex

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty