How to root your LG Optimus G Pro

HelpMeAndroid

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Wondering why this is empty? First, let me tell you I'm a complete NOOB when it comes to android. I'm an ex-apple junkie and have always jailbroken my phones. However, I am now the proud owner of an LG Optimus G Pro sporting KitKat. Naturally, I would like to root it. I've scoured this forum and the internet for a way to root it using a mac. I don't even have access to a windows machine and my hard drives are small ssds so I can't even use a simulator. I found a video on youtube that talked about getting the android sdk which I did, but cannot find a thing on how to actually perform the rooting of the device using a mac.If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful! Thanks!

Pirate XP

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I was given a LG Optimus g pro when I turn it on it goes into CWM Recovery ONLY. It didn't have a SDcard. I tried installing a few some aborted some said complete. When I select reboot it says lost root fix yes no ? Either way it just reboots to CWM Recovery. Thanks for any help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kesya Natasa

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Wondering why this is empty? First, let me tell you I'm a complete NOOB when it comes to android. I'm an ex-apple junkie and have always jailbroken my phones. However, I am now the proud owner of an LG Optimus G Pro sporting KitKat. Naturally, I would like to root it. I've scoured this forum and the internet for a way to root it using a mac. I don't even have access to a windows machine and my hard drives are small ssds so I can't even use a simulator. I found a video on youtube that talked about getting the android sdk which I did, but cannot find a thing on how to actually perform the rooting of the device using a mac.If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful! Thanks!

2RAW4U

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

2RAW4U

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I just rooted my LG and had same problem then I found away for the android to do it through itself, go to play store and download "Towelroot" for android and that will do it and when prompt comes up warning ignore it and push continue buttonbutton and it will be done in 2 sec. Then you'll have to install a superuser app.from play store as well then you're done oh after all that reboot device and you're rooted. It's actually pretty cool cause you don't have to do it through a PC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89