How to upgrade the keyboard

Chemcat

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the LG keyboard as the default. I use the swype method and I like it pretty well although I'm still learning. I have limited android experience but this is the nicest keyboard I've experienced.

Jake52

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm also new to Android and I really like the Google Keyboard. Just go to the play store, search for it, and install it. The swipe feature works very well and the autocorrect is great too.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The Android keyboard has nice layout but is very slow. The autocorrection feature is pretty bad.

Open up a screen where you'd type something, pull town the notification bar (swipe down from top) and select "choose input method".

If none of the keyboards provided appeal to you, the Play Store has many alternatives.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Some very popular options are:
1. Swiftkey (one of my favorites for key layout)
2. Swype
3. Google Keyboard (using now)
4. Kii

All are available in the Play Store. The only issue over had is getting a new keyboard to fully take as default. Apps are constantly asking me to select my input method in the notification bar (like this one is doing right now). It's a bit annoying but I'm learning to live with it.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Some very popular options are:
1. Swiftkey (one of my favorites for key layout)
2. Swype
3. Google Keyboard (using now)
4. Kii

All are available in the Play Store. The only issue over had is getting a new keyboard to fully take as default. Apps are constantly asking me to select my input method in the notification bar (like this one is doing right now). It's a bit annoying but I'm learning to live with it.

This is why I use the stock Google keyboard on my Nexus. It really does what all of the other keyboards do, but it is compatible across the board

sent from my Nexus 4; so fresh and so clean

Last edited:

burgboy

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd much prefer SwiftKey. The best keyboard layout that I have ever used.

Gửi từ Nexus 4 của t?i bằng c?ch sử dụng Tapatalk 2

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
This is why I use the stock Google keyboard on my Nexus. It really does what all of the other keyboards do, but it us compatible actors the board.

sent from my Nexus 4; so fresh and so clean

What's funny is I haven't even given the stock (LG) keyboard on this phone a try. :eek:

It might actually be okay. LG uses a very light skin to begin with. The stock keyboard might not be that far from Google's own.

Will follow up.....

stilltrilltk

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the LG keyboard as the default. I use the swype method and I like it pretty well although I'm still learning. I have limited android experience but this is the nicest keyboard I've experienced.
How do you turn off the stupid voice with the lg keyboard? Anytime I push a key, I hear a robotic voice telling me what I just pushed. I dont remember this happening until I installed the update and I have to go to the lg keyboard to use the emojis. Even when on silent, I still hear sounds and this stupid voice when using the lg keyboard.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
How do you turn off the stupid voice with the lg keyboard? Anytime I push a key, I hear a robotic voice telling me what I just pushed. I dont remember this happening until I installed the update and I have to go to the lg keyboard to use the emojis. Even when on silent, I still hear sounds and this stupid voice when using the lg keyboard.

I had that same problem. Only way I could get it to stop was to disable the TalkBack app. Go to settings/apps/all/TalkBack and click disable. Havent had that problem since.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm heading back to Swiftkey or I might try out Kii. The lack of arrow keys on the stock Google keyboard is really getting to me and the prediction just isn't as good as Swiftkey.

My only concern is I had gotten Swiftkey as a free app bus the Amazon app store and there have been a number of security vulnerabilities found from downloading apps from outside Play.

From my LG Optimus G E970 using AC Forums mobile app.

kleeno

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm heading back to Swiftkey or I might try out Kii. The lack of arrow keys on the stock Google keyboard is really getting to me and the prediction just isn't as good as Swiftkey.

My only concern is I had gotten Swiftkey as a free app bus the Amazon app store and there have been a number of security vulnerabilities found from downloading apps from outside Play.

Have you tried Touch Pal keyboard it's pretty good it's Swype features as well.

Posted by my HTC 4G LTE

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Swiftkey is only four bucks. Money well-spent to keep the Amazon app store off your phone.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey is only four bucks. Money well-spent to keep the Amazon app store off your phone.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

LOL. Too late. But I scanned before install. All is well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member