Way To Unlock The G Pro Without Going To AT&T?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
AT&T will probably do it for little to no charge, but as long as the device is paid off. Is there a specific reason to not go to AT&T?

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
AT&T will probably do it for little to no charge, but as long as the device is paid off. Is there a specific reason to not go to AT&T?
Long story short, was on a plan with AT&T with someone else, they used an employee discount for a job they no longer had and AT&T found out and cancelled our plan because they say they're owed $2,000+. I had no idea this person had even claimed this employee discount, I was only paying my half of the bill, so now I've been screwed out of a working a phone. They won't unlock it for me due to "our" account being delinquent. However, I was told that the person their creditors will be going after is him and not me, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Long story short, was on a plan with AT&T with someone else, they used an employee discount for a job they no longer had and AT&T found out and cancelled our plan because they say they're owed $2,000+. I had no idea this person had even claimed this employee discount, I was only paying my half of the bill, so now I've been screwed out of a working a phone. They won't unlock it for me due to "our" account being delinquent. However, I was told that the person their creditors will be going after is him and not me, so I have that going for me, which is nice.

Makes sense. I know there are third party methods to unlocking devices, but I have heard hit and miss success rates, so I am not sure if that is a way to go. Now might be a good time to get a former flagship device, like a G2, and use that.

What carrier were you thinking of going to?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Cricket is an MVNO owned by AT&T. An AT&T branded device will work on Cricket without needing to be unlocked.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Cricket is an MVNO owned by AT&T. An AT&T branded device will work on Cricket without needing to be unlocked.

Even if it's coming from an account that's delinquent and owes money? The person I'm on the plan with, who knows nothing about phones at all, has told me he tried to go to cricket but was told his phone wouldn't work because AT&T "locks your phone when you owe them money", I tried explaining what "locked" really means but he assures me an AT&T rep told him about them locking phones on accounts that owe them money. I guess I'll give them a try and hopefully it'll work.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Even if it's coming from an account that's delinquent and owes money? The person I'm on the plan with, who knows nothing about phones at all, has told me he tried to go to cricket but was told his phone wouldn't work because AT&T "locks your phone when you owe them money", I tried explaining what "locked" really means but he assures me an AT&T rep told him about them locking phones on accounts that owe them money. I guess I'll give them a try and hopefully it'll work.
If the IMEI is blacklisted due to nonpayment, SIM unlocking won't help. You'll either need to pay the bill or get the original owner to pay it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38