Screen protectors

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
just read a review on android forums that said that they are not tacky, they are smooth. the review was thoroughly positive. i'm going to order one right now.
Do you have a link? I just looked around for it over there and didn't see it... must have overlooked it.

nealoc187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a link? I just looked around for it over there and didn't see it... must have overlooked it.

Yeah I didn't post it because since I'm new I wasn't sure if there are any rules about posting links to competing forums. Some forums are like that (not that I agree with that policy but that's a topic for another discussion).

Here's his review for the Ultra Clear
Clarivue ultra-clear screen protector review - Android Forums

and his review of the Anti-Glare
Clarivue Anti-glare screen protector for Droid - Android Forums

Here's another review by someone else
Clarivue Screen Protectors - BerryReview

I read a few other positive reviews, a couple mostly positive reviews citing the fact that (for some phone which I can't remember the name of) the width was perfect but the height of the protector was like 1/8" short. Overall, I was convinced enough to give it a shot (and my girlfriend would vouch that I don't make choices without much deliberation lol).

I'll let you guys know how I like mine after I get it. BTW I got an email from clarivue saying my order was being processed today, and then about 4 hours later an email saying it had been shipped.

Reactions: Jaggrey

Herk_FE

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the ZAGG one on mine wanted the dude at best buy to put it on for me and not deal with the hassle so i went ahead and got it from there. He actually did a real good job and it works pretty well. The screen is slightly less responsive but I also don't feel like I am gonna scratch it when I am launching my angry birds LOL.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I didn't post it because since I'm new I wasn't sure if there are any rules about posting links to competing forums. Some forums are like that (not that I agree with that policy but that's a topic for another discussion).

I read a few other positive reviews, a couple mostly positive reviews citing the fact that (for some phone which I can't remember the name of) the width was perfect but the height of the protector was like 1/8" short. Overall, I was convinced enough to give it a shot (and my girlfriend would vouch that I don't make choices without much deliberation lol).

I'll let you guys know how I like mine after I get it. BTW I got an email from clarivue saying my order was being processed today, and then about 4 hours later an email saying it had been shipped.
Oh ok I've seen those reviews. I think those are what convinced me to get one as well, even tho my lady had already bought the Invisible Shield. They came in already but I haven't put them on her phone yet.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have used Zagg on all my touchscreens, have read reviews about BodyGuards which offers the same lifetime exchange warranty. Can anyone give me a solid comparison review between the two?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

No rules here about posting links to other forums :) glad to have you on board.

m1ck3ym0us3

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I actually bought the clarivue screen protector after trying the bodyguardz screen protector. I've had a martin fields screen protector on a palm treo i had a long time ago. I really liked it because it was hard plastic and did not look like the phone had anything on it. The clarivue screen protector is similar to the martin fields i had before. The only issue with it is that retains a lot of oil from your fingers. Otherwise, I highly recommend it because it is easy to install and remove/reuse.

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
First post!

Hey everyone! Just signed up so I could contribute to the forums and share my opinions! I was wondering if anyone has tried the privacy version of the screen protecters by clarivue and if they are up to snuf with the rest of their line?

masbret

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I received the cheap ebay protectors I ordered (5 for like $3.69 shipped) yesterday. Phones should be here tomorrow so I'll report back when I have them mounted to see how they look.

But on first glance they look pretty nice. Thin but stiff, reported to be anti-glare and fingerprint free, has the proper notch for the light/proximity sensor, and comes with a dust-free cloth for cleaning ahead of time. Seems to be worth taking the chance so far, but we'll see tomorrow. ;)

IMGP6304.jpg
Cmags, could you post a link to the screen protectors you have ordered from ebay. I had this exact same brand on my Moment and was very happy with it. I would like to get the same one for my Optimus.
Thanks!

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

My girlfriend seems to like her Clarivue. I like the way it feels and looks also, and it's already protected the screen from a scratch!

nealoc187

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Got my clarivue anti-glare screen protector the other day and installed it yesterday. Got it successfully installed after many tries and it's bubble free (first time installing a screen protector and I learned some techniques that will make it easier next time definitely). I did end up getting a few minor scratches on the screen of my phone before receiving my screen protector, but these scratches are absolutely invisible now that the screen protector is installed, which I am very thankful for.

Impressions of it are thus:

I love the feel of it, no tackiness at all. the texture of the anti-glare (matte) finish is so fine that it's almost impossible to tell that it is a matte finish, but it's just barely noticeable. I like it, personally.

The slightly textured surface does degrade the sharpness of the screen ever so slightly. I noticed it at first but after 2 days of having it installed now I don't really notice it now. If you are a stickler about having the absolute best image quality for your phone then you may want to avoid this anti-glare protector, but if you are the average user I really doubt you'll have a problem with it.

Fingerprint resistance is worlds beyond the stock screen. Fingerprint smudges are still noticeable in the right light/at the correct angle, but they are a small fraction as noticeable as they are on the glossy stock screen.

Touch screen response seems completely unchanged to me.

Fitment is not perfect. The protector is cut smaller than the actual screen size, and one side seems to not be 100% parallel to the shape of the screen. I have the left side and top of the protector basically perfectly aligned with the edges of the screen, but the right edge of the protector does not line up perfectly with the edge of the screen, and I'm not just talking about the fact that the protector is cut slightly smaller than the screen. The right edge of the protector is not cut 100% true, meaning that even though the left side is perfectly aligned with the edge of the screen all the way up and down the screen, right edge is perfectly aligned at the top of the screen but approximately 1mm away from the edge of the screen at the bottom right corner - this mean that the shape is ever so slightly trapezoidal. The protector is also about 1mm shorter than the screen is vertically. I have not tested the 2nd screen protector (clarivue sends you two of them which is awesome) to see if it is cut the exact same shape as this first one or not. Overall the fitment is not perfect, but the small areas that are not protected are not going to bother me very much. My goal is to protect the part of the screen I use from the typical scratches it might get, and this will do that while offering a nice antiglare coating (so I don't get blinded when the sun reflects off my screen where I set the phone in the console of my car) and a non-tacky/non-rubbery feel that feels nice to me while using swype and/or navigating the web or maps (scrolling, pinch to zoom, etc).

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Cmags, could you post a link to the screen protectors you have ordered from ebay. I had this exact same brand on my Moment and was very happy with it. I would like to get the same one for my Optimus.
Thanks!

Sorry, missed your request. Link to the seller's auction for a dual pack is here: LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR COVER KIT FOR LG LS670 OPTIMUS S - eBay (item 310273786540 end time Jan-22-11 17:03:41 PST)

He sells x1 - x5, and then lots of multiples of 10. The more you buy the cheaper they are. I recommend getting at least two, this way you have a backup for when it gets scratched (instead of your screen), or if you have trouble getting it installed perfectly. 5 of them cost me $3.59 shipped. That's $0.72 each. Well worth it. I've already got a couple light scratches on mine from pocketing the phone with my pocketknife and keys. I plan to get a few more as backups/replacements.

Reactions: masbret

blackwaterstout

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my XtremeGUARD now for about 4 weeks. It's very durable and still looks like it did the day I put it on but my only issue now is that it is starting to get that rubbery feeling. I never realy noticed it when I initially put it on but most recently I've noticed it feeling a little sticky when it's cleaned.

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the clarivue screen protectors in anti-glare. It fit pretty well but when I peeled off label two with the front skin, the screen protector came off with it. Oops. Trying to clean it off and reapply has been tricky so I may try that wet-apply technique from earlier in the thread. My fingerprints keep showing though so I wonder if there's any way to get it perfectly clean and usable now :( It's a two-pack but still.

Edit: Scatch that, I just put on the second one and managed to not lift it off the phone and it looks and feels great.

Last edited:

v0mitr0n

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I got these:

2X Clear LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR Cover LG Optimus S LS670 - eBay (item 220700819807 end time Jan-22-11 00:12:18 PST)

Comes with a cloth and a little plastic card to smooth. I find if you just let the shield drape downward on its own, there are less bubbles to deal with. I can't even tell it's on there .. very smooth.

Got this case:

K Hard Shield Cover Shell Case Charger For LG Optimus S - eBay (item 310287050934 end time Jan-13-11 11:04:23 PST)

Looks and feels great. I'm happy and didn't spend a lot of $$

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey hows the texture on those? The ones I got claimed to have anti glare but are smooth and shiny, therefore picking up fingerprints just as easily as the screen itself. These might be a good option.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non