Screen Dead - CM7 Fresh Install

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So I just re-flashed Zefie's CM7 after previously flashing the new CM7 build by Ath3nos. I did the steps just like it was written and rebooted my phone. But when I reach the first load up screen with "Welcome to LS670", I can't seem to be able to press any buttons. I also can't hold the power button to get a reboot prompt, thus disabling my way to rebooting into recovery.

I'd really appreciate some help, as I need this phone to be working. Thanks for any input!

Edit: I did a complete wipe with Data, Cache, and Dalvik. Then I installed the Debug file, the 4/28 Nightly Build, and then the GAPPS for 20110501.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Follow my instructions. It starts with pulling the battery.
Booting into recovery involves holding menu vol down and power until LG screen shows. Then release.

Reactions: xplode196

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Follow my instructions. It starts with pulling the battery.
Booting into recovery involves holding menu vol down and power until LG screen shows. Then release.
Ok I tried that but still no recovery screen. There's a silver LG screen followed by a Red LG logo, and then the Scott Pilgrim boot animation.

I pulled the battery, and held down MENU + PWR + VOL DWN until I got to the red lg screen, and let go. Still nothing...hmm...

EDIT: Ok I'm in Xionia Recovery. Thanks so much!!! But my only question is why this happened, since I've flashed Zefie Cm7 plenty of times before and this never happened?

EDIT 2: After some tinkering, I came to the conclusion that a wonky GAPPS file provided in the 11th page of the Unofficial CM7 thread was the cause of my screen freeze. After reverting to the GAPPS provided in the OP of Zefie's CM7, I'm glad to report everything is back to normal. Thank you once again!

Last edited:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok I tried that but still no recovery screen. There's a silver LG screen followed by a Red LG logo, and then the Scott Pilgrim boot animation.

I pulled the battery, and held down MENU + PWR + VOL DWN until I got to the red lg screen, and let go. Still nothing...hmm...

EDIT: Ok I'm in Xionia Recovery. Thanks so much!!! But my only question is why this happened, since I've flashed Zefie Cm7 plenty of times before and this never happened?

EDIT 2: After some tinkering, I came to the conclusion that a wonky GAPPS file provided in the 11th page of the Unofficial CM7 thread was the cause of my screen freeze. After reverting to the GAPPS provided in the OP of Zefie's CM7, I'm glad to report everything is back to normal. Thank you once again!

No problem. Not sure why that gapps file would cause any issues. It's the current cm7 version of it. I currently run it with reborn Rom and have no problems. Weird....