Are there any ROM manager apps?

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a rom manager app that works with Optimus S. I already know Rom Manager won't work and I saw Rom Toolbox but I'm hesitant to try it. Didn't know if anyone is using a rom manager or not.

Sent from my Optimus S CM7

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a rom manager app that works with Optimus S. I already know Rom Manager won't work and I saw Rom Toolbox but I'm hesitant to try it. Didn't know if anyone is using a rom manager or not.

I use clockworkmod from rom manager. I was told not to but I was having trouble installing xionia clockwork. It works but not recommended.

sent from my Cyanogen Optimus

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Btw, clockworkmod is not a rom manager. Its meant for the Optimistic V also. When you do things like that, you can experience undesired results (trust me,I've tried). So be warned.

What are you trying to do? What makes you want rom manager? Drew's cm7 has an update feature now so once you flash all you do is check for OTA updates. Very nice work he has done. That's the only benefit I can think of to rom manager....

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I use clockworkmod from rom manager. I was told not to but I was having trouble installing xionia clockwork. It works but not recommended.

You just got to love when someone that does not know what they are doing gives advice, then causes someone else to brick there phone.

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Reactions: watson387

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
You just got to love when someone that does not know what they are doing gives advice, then causes someone else to brick there phone.

I'm running clockwork right now! I've flashed multiple times! Obviously its working because I'm running drew's rom at the moment. I didn't say I knew anything buddy that's why I'm here. all I said was it works perfectly fine on my phone. Maybe if you read my post a little more clearly you would have noticed that i said that i wouldnt recommed it.Thanks for your input.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

It's all relative. What works for some, doesn't work for others... ie, cpu overclock settings differ between phones. We have all seen examples of this. I have personally flashed and used Optimus V recoveries and ROMs. Particularly when aospCMod was the only gingerbread port available for the Optimus, I ran it on my Optimus S. So, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I guess you can consider me a guinea pig! ;) I'm still fearful of the dreaded brick! :eek:

I'm running clockwork right now! I've flashed multiple times! Obviously its working because I'm running drew's rom at the moment. I didn't say I knew anything buddy that's why I'm here. all I said was it works perfectly fine on my phone. Maybe if you read my post a little more clearly you would have noticed that i said that i wouldnt recommed it.Thanks for your input.

It's just not recommended that everyone try this as undesired results to come from doing things like this... As stated in my post above, I don't mind being a guinea pig too, there's always a way to get back to working condition but not everyone knows that.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It's all relative. What works for some, doesn't work for others... ie, cpu overclock settings differ between phones. We have all seen examples of this. I have personally flashed and used Optimus V recoveries and ROMs. Particularly when aospCMod was the only gingerbread port available for the Optimus, I ran it on my Optimus S. So, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I guess you can consider me a guinea pig! ;) I'm still fearful of the dreaded brick! :eek:

It's just not recommended that everyone try this as undesired results to come from doing things like this... As stated in my post above, I don't mind being a guinea pig too, there's always a way to get back to working condition but not everyone knows that.

I understand that completely. I couldnt figure out how to install xionia clockwork and I really wanted a custom rom. Plus I bricked two phones before not using clockworkmod. I know its not the way recommended and if I knew how to install the correct recovery I would have. I'm not to worried about bricking a phone that cost $50 anyway lol.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Btw, clockworkmod is not a rom manager. Its meant for the Optimistic V also. When you do things like that, you can experience undesired results (trust me,I've tried). So be warned.

What are you trying to do? What makes you want rom manager? Drew's cm7 has an update feature now so once you flash all you do is check for OTA updates. Very nice work he has done. That's the only benefit I can think of to rom manager....

I have used CWM Recovery and ROM manager and never had an issue. Those that brick the device must be something wrong. I used CWM Recovery and I tried to brick it cut could not.

But like stated each person may have a different experience.

I am just speaking from my experience.

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

I just thought it would be cool to have a rom manager that supports this phone. Makes things a little more convenient so I don't have to go into recovery for everything. Also it would have a link or whatever to all or most of the roms that are made for the Optimus S (well at least I think that's how rom manager works lol)
It's not anything I need of course because as you said, there are the OTA updates, and since I don't "need" a rom manager, I'm definitely not going to risk my phone by using Rom Manager. Again it was just something I was curious about and thanks to everyone who in here who posted, all help is appreciated.