Headphone Jack

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Got one for all you experts out there....So I use my phone as a MP3 player when im out and about driving long distance. I currently have it hooked up via the headphone jack with a stereo cable. Whenever people call me, I can hear them via the radio but I dont have mic to talk to them. I have to unplug the cable in order to talk to someone. Is that a hardware issue or software?

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Got one for all you experts out there....So I use my phone as a MP3 player when im out and about driving long distance. I currently have it hooked up via the headphone jack with a stereo cable. Whenever people call me, I can hear them via the radio but I dont have mic to talk to them. I have to unplug the cable in order to talk to someone. Is that a hardware issue or software?
Most likely an LG driver type thing. This was an important feature for me and a few others here as well. I know that thekraven has a workaround for it in the CM7 thread (it kills the headset mic option and enables the handset mic), but I don't know that anyone has attempted to apply it on a ZVJ ROM yet. You could give it a shot and let us know. :)

Warlord721

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

This means you are probably running on ZVH. On ZVD the mic works with headphones plugged in as you describe, but the ZVH update 'broke' that feature. Fortunately this bug was fixed with ZVJ update. (As I just tested again to confirm.)

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
This means you are probably running on ZVH. On ZVD the mic works with headphones plugged in as you describe, but the ZVH update 'broke' that feature. Fortunately this bug was fixed with ZVJ update. (As I just tested again to confirm.)

Well, it can also depend on the rom. My husband is on zvd but he's running thekraven's cm9 and his is doing the same thing, whereas it worked fine on Reborn.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, it can also depend on the rom. My husband is on zvd but he's running thekraven's cm9 and his is doing the same thing, whereas it worked fine on Reborn.
Correct. Generally speaking it is isolated to AOSP ROMs and ZVH, as it is also an issue with CM7 on ZVD unless the fix from thekraven's thread is applied. Have you tried applying the fix to the CM9 install? It would be awesome if it works.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Correct. Generally speaking it is isolated to AOSP ROMs and ZVH, as it is also an issue with CM7 on ZVD unless the fix from thekraven's thread is applied. Have you tried applying the fix to the CM9 install? It would be awesome if it works.

Yeah, he applied the fix this morning then called me on his way to work to test it...still no go.

It's not that big of a deal though, we knew it was a known issue when he flashed it.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, he applied the fix this morning then called me on his way to work to test it...still no go.

It's not that big of a deal though, we knew it was a known issue when he flashed it.

Really? This is a known issue on Kraven's CM9? 0_0, I'm on Alpha 10F with the new kernel (Haven't flashed the latest fixes yet) and I can use the Microphone while I've got headphones plugged in.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Really? This is a known issue on Kraven's CM9? 0_0, I'm on Alpha 10F with the new kernel (Haven't flashed the latest fixes yet) and I can use the Microphone while I've got headphones plugged in.

Well, as epidenimus said, it's generally in aosp roms and was in cm7 as well, and I think I remember seeing some people report it in the cm9 thread. I could be mixing it up with something else though so if I'm wrong I apologize. There's so much going on in that thread it's hard to keep up lol.

Honestly I don't ever hook my phone up to our car anyway so I have no clue if my mic would work or not. The only reason I was interested was bc my husband uses it a lot.