flashable radio zips for custom recovery?

m3rkman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
any way to make a update zip one containing the zvd radio pre rooted and one containing the zvj radio pre rooted? it would make it much easier to switch between zvj and zvd roms without having to completely wipe and downgrade the whole phone and then redo root... just curious if anything like this is even possible

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The only recovery that can flash a radio is the stock one. And the only thing a stock recovery can flash is the whole entire unmodified update.zip that came from Sprint. If we were able to flash the radio by itself through the custom recovery, what your asking would be possible, but we can't.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, and if you try to flash a radio with our version of amon ra, you will get a brick. LG did something very different with this phone and only the stock recovery can flash the radio successfully.

m3rkman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
alrighty, sorry for wasting your time on this, but you devs know more than us backend users

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
No need to apologize, its a feature we would all love to be able to perform on this phone. Drew and I were talking about it again the other day. Its just a huge mystery as to exactly where and how the stock recovery applies it. If only we could get that source code. :p

Reactions: m3rkman

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, without a high tech ninja squirrel (like this one) to sneak in and nab the source on an external hard drive, it would be impossible to get the source code from LG.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah LG definitely did something screwy with the Optimus One line (and probably other devices as well). Unlike a lot of other phones, we don't have a bona fide "radio" partition to flash to.

m3rkman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I did a search for "radio" with root explorer and found a folder /data/persist/ that looks like it has radio files in it, not sure what they are

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I did a search for "radio" with root explorer and found a folder /data/persist/ that looks like it has radio files in it, not sure what they are

I looked on mine running CAI and I have a radio folder in /data/radio not sure what the file is tho

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty