Need a wee bit of help here...

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay, ever since the unfortunate mishap that saw my phone get bricked (all for the sake of trying to put an ext partition on my memory card!!) - and I'd rather not get into THAT - I got her up and running again, rooted, ROM'd, and all. However, something strange has begun happening. No, I'm not talking about it running really slowly. I'm talking about the phone is acting as though it's NOT rooted anymore. Superuser goes as far as to deny itself its own permissions. I temporarily downloaded the Root Checker app to see if the old girl was still rooted - which it SHOULD BE - and the verdict!? It wasn't, according to Root Checker. SO, I went into Superuser itself. A look around indicated an outdated binary. "-rwxr-xr-x root shell" were in red lettering. Trying to update the binary proved unsuccessful, as again, SU would deny itself and fail to complete the process. Unpacking tools was okay, checking current install path was okay, downloading new binary was okay (so it seems)...but when it tried to gain root access, it FAILED. The "Superuser is denied Superuser permissions" error pops up IMMEDIATELY upon "Gaining root access..." appearing onscreen in the Binary Updater!!

I don't get it. I mean, the Optimus *has* to be rooted, or else it wouldn't be possible to even run a custom ROM, right? Yet the ROM is there and functional...and apps that require root access aren't working, behaving as if she's *not* rooted!! :confused: If it's really NOT rooted, would I have to nuke everything and go back to stock in order to root and ROM her all over again!?

Current setup: ZVD baseband, BobZhome CM10 with Optimus S patch (both the 08/31 builds), 16GB class 2 micro SD card with 1GB sd-ext (which may be why the bloody thing's so SLOW, lol...), Amphetamines v2, Adrenaline Engine 4.2, Adrenaline Boost v3, Mega Bass Beats, EGL patch, and A2SD++...hopefully someone can help.

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
YES!!! Thanks, man...it worked!! Had to get the SuperSU zip - for whatever reason, the Superuser one was a RAR file, lol!! But it worked, and the old girl is back to normal...except for still running slow. (Overclocking...Amphetamines and friends...NONE OF THAT worked...)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senkajo