More information on these applications

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
First off is rom manager not a good thing for the optimus s? Are there any similar apps besides rom manager to stay away from such as flash image gui and goo? Is there any easier way to install roms than your basic backup-wipe-flash-boot?

Sent from my LS670 oh hush

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
ROM Manager is horrible for the Optimus S. The stickies at the top of the forum try to alert new users to that in big, capital letters.

GOO Manager actually works IF one has the correct recovery options on their phone. I think that it can be used with Cannibal Open Touch, and with one or two other custom recoveries for the OptiS. What it does, however, is lets you find a ROM that one of the OptiS developers uploaded to Goo.IM, lets you select it, then itself kinda accesses the recovery, backs up, wipes, flashes, boots. So . . . it's a bit like a script, and in a fair number of cases you're better off NOT using its "dumb" options. Some ROMs require you to wipe a few more things than the norm.

You really should take the time to do it the long way around. It's darned simple, and the difference is about the same as pressing "1 3 0 Start" on your microwave instead of just pressing "Popcorn". Popcorn button will often work, but if you need to change anything about the way it works . . . you can't.

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have done it the long way. I've been playing with some roms but was curious about rom manager still being a paper weight creator for the phone. I don't know why
the dev doesn't put out warnings for people who have no idea on how to get the app to work. I also found a cyanogenmod roms application in the Google play store :rolleyes: I guess anything to make people get a rom without having to download it straight to your computer.

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Another thing, goomanager isn't compatible with my phone :banghead:
Really? I'm a bit surprised. Last I knew, it was a confirmed method for scripted-ish ROM installation on the Optimus S/LS670.

As for ROM Manager still bricking, I think the dev just doesn't give two flips if he's making his two dollars. That's one man's opinion.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
That might be because there is not yet an official version of twrp or other openrecoveryscript recovery. Regardless, it does work even it not available thru the play store.

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Really? I'm a bit surprised. Last I knew, it was a confirmed method for scripted-ish ROM installation on the Optimus S/LS670.

As for ROM Manager still bricking, I think the dev just doesn't give two flips if he's making his two dollars. That's one man's opinion.

Is there a way to obtain goomanager since it's saying for me it's not compatible.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
So i can still flash the twrp even though I'm not on 2.2.2.1?

Sent from my LG-LS670 oh hush

2.2.2.1 is a version of twrp so I'd hope you don't have to be on it to flash it. Most recoveries are .IMG files that you flash using terminal emulator or flash image gui. Some come as a flashable zip that can be flashed directly using your current recovery

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

gingerc76

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
2.2.2.1 is a version of twrp so I'd hope you don't have to be on it to flash it. Most recoveries are .IMG files that you flash using terminal emulator or flash image gui. Some come as a flashable zip that can be flashed directly using your current recovery

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

So just flash it over xionia or do a cache/dalvik wipe first?

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You've asked the second question already and wraith answered it above.

Ss for the first question, that's a matter of preference. I like twrp better because I think the tappable buttons are nicer than having touch buttons at the bottom. Also less risk of holding the button and overshooting the option you want.
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Is twrp better than COT? Also do you necessarily have to have twrp or COT to use goo?

You don't have to be on one of those recoveries to use it to download packages but you do to use it to flash them

Sent from my Full Android on Crespo4G using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez